cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Woman found after 24 years........ (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18918)

cougjunkie 04-28-2008 04:34 PM

Woman found after 24 years........

This is unbelievable, this woman was drugged and chained in a cellar by her dad. He then told authorities she ran away to be part of a cult. Over the next 24 years he raped, and beat her, including fathering 6 children with her. 3 of the children he and his wife raised as their own, the other 3 stayed in the cellar. She was finally released after 24 years.

This is sick and very sad: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...274454,00.html

MikeWaters 04-28-2008 04:38 PM

Porter Rockwell would know what to do in this situation.

Indy Coug 04-28-2008 04:44 PM

That is pure evil.

MikeWaters 04-28-2008 04:46 PM

I feel sorry for all of them (except the perpetrator).

Imagine the wife. Here she thinks her daughter is dead to the world in a cult, and then suddenly discovers the truth.

I wonder what prompted him to release her.

cougjunkie 04-28-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 214141)
I feel sorry for all of them (except the perpetrator).

Imagine the wife. Here she thinks her daughter is dead to the world in a cult, and then suddenly discovers the truth.

I wonder what prompted him to release her.

His granddaughter/daughter got sick and fainted so he dropped her off in front of the hospital with a note from her mother. The hospital for some reason did a DNA test and found out the grandfather was also the father and alerted the authorities. The father then took his daughter out of the cellar to talk to authorities about how it was a misunderstanding, but he said she had "came home after 24 years" the police realized their were to many holes and started investigating.

MikeWaters 04-28-2008 04:55 PM

That DN article was poorly written, if CJ is correct, and I have no reason to believe he isn't.

Venkman 04-28-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 214128)

Damn straight he would. Hey, thanks for the new sig line. :)

Spaz 04-28-2008 06:45 PM

Shit. Chain him by his testicles to the ceiling. After a few days, give him a knife and say he can stay there or cut it off.

SoCalCoug 04-28-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 214128)

I hope it involves shooting his balls off one at a time before finally killing him.

MikeWaters 04-28-2008 07:30 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/multime...nt2_25847t.jpg

Imagine if this monster had died. Then the daughter and her 3 children would have starved to death.

The most appropriate punishment, which would be ghastly and immoral, would be to lock him in a similar dungeon...well, let's just say the movie Pulp Fiction comes to mind.

It's so strange and disconcerting that humanity produces so many monsters among us.

MikeWaters 04-28-2008 07:38 PM

Look at the stars in the background: are they Jewish?

http://www.independent.co.uk/multime...nt1_25846s.jpg

Imagine the psychological shock for the 18 and 19 year olds. Never to have seen the sun.

This would be like having lived a small space station, only to arrive in a big bright world.

UtahDan 04-28-2008 09:16 PM

Something is making my BS meter go off. I don't know what is might be, but is just feels like there is more to the story that we have heard. The wife of this guy never knew? I didn't see, where they not in the same building? And the daughter who bore the guy these children...he was able to keep her locked in there for more than 20 years? She never had or took the chance to attack him with whatever they had in that little bath room or kitchen?

Maybe is its all what it appears, but it makes no sense to me so far. I think we are hearing a story that has been concocted, at least between husband and wife. Maybe I am off in out space on this one. Just a hunch here.

MikeWaters 04-28-2008 09:17 PM

what would be the motive for concocting the story? the joy of being defamed, arrested, charged and punished?

UtahDan 04-28-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 214421)
what would be the motive for concocting the story? the joy of being defamed, arrested, charged and punished?

Yeah I'm not sure. It just doesn't make sense. Maybe a little Stockholm syndrome? I think that somehow wife knew. Interesting that right off daughter says that her mom had nothing to do with it and didn't know. How does she know that? The illness is clearly what made all this come to light. It just has a little whiff of "okay here is what we are going to tell people." Could be I'm way off the mark. Germans are weird.

livecoug 04-28-2008 09:51 PM

Stockholm Syndrome is very real, as improbable as it sounds to us.

marsupial 04-28-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahDan (Post 214417)
Something is making my BS meter go off. I don't know what is might be, but is just feels like there is more to the story that we have heard. The wife of this guy never knew? I didn't see, where they not in the same building? And the daughter who bore the guy these children...he was able to keep her locked in there for more than 20 years? She never had or took the chance to attack him with whatever they had in that little bath room or kitchen?

Maybe is its all what it appears, but it makes no sense to me so far. I think we are hearing a story that has been concocted, at least between husband and wife. Maybe I am off in out space on this one. Just a hunch here.

No, I am with you. There is something missing here. I am having a hard time believing that the husband could keep up the charade for 24 years. Perhaps his wife is mentally ill. I think a healthy wife would be saying, "what are those noises coming from the basement?" And, "why do you keep bringing plates of food down to the basement?" And why in 24 years did she never even venture down there for any reason? It doesn't make sense.

MikeWaters 04-28-2008 10:02 PM

Again, why would the husband concoct the story?

MikeWaters 04-28-2008 10:03 PM

Also don't you think that someone who would raise a child, then imprison and rape her is a little bit controlling.

Don't you think that he, to some degree, dominated in the marriage relationship? Wouldn't she likely have a subservient personality?

UtahDan 04-28-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 214501)
Also don't you think that someone who would raise a child, then imprison and rape her is a little bit controlling.

Don't you think that he, to some degree, dominated in the marriage relationship? Wouldn't she likely have a subservient personality?

Yes. Probably. As to why he could concoct it......who knows. I deal with criminals all the time who concoct a story to either hide something worse (what that would be here I have no clue) or because they are trying to make it sound better somehow or because they want to protect someone.

Again. Maybe it is just what it seems to be. Just has a funny odor.

MikeWaters 04-28-2008 10:09 PM

another thing, it is natural to react in such a way as to not believe, or to not want to believe, when confronted with evil acts. "it could not be" "it's a hoax" "there is a misunderstanding"

good men do not want to put themselves in a place to know and feel what evil men do.

UtahDan 04-28-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 214513)
another thing, it is natural to react in such a way as to not believe, or to not want to believe, when confronted with evil acts. "it could not be" "it's a hoax" "there is a misunderstanding"

good men do not want to put themselves in a place to know and feel what evil men do.

For me it isn't disbelief. I believe people are capable of just about anything. Maybe I'm not a good enough person to disbelieve. I just think there is more, and maybe worse somehow.

Flystripper 04-28-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 214484)
No, I am with you. There is something missing here. I am having a hard time believing that the husband could keep up the charade for 24 years. Perhaps his wife is mentally ill. I think a healthy wife would be saying, "what are those noises coming from the basement?" And, "why do you keep bringing plates of food down to the basement?" And why in 24 years did she never even venture down there for any reason? It doesn't make sense.

Something may be amiss but I thought the basement was the basement of their apartment building.

Flystripper 04-28-2008 10:46 PM

yeah it was the basement of the apartment building

"The mother, identified as Elisabeth F., told officers that she had just been released after two decades of captivity at the hands of her father. She said that on Aug. 28, 1984, her father had sedated her, handcuffed her and locked her in a room in the cellar of the family's apartment building."

Still pretty crazy but I can see him keeping it secret in the bowels of the apartment building.

il Padrino Ute 04-28-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 214484)

Not to mention the fact that she and the reprobate are raising 3 of the 6 children he fathered with the daughter. Did she not wonder where these 3 kids came from?

MikeWaters 04-29-2008 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 214538)
Not to mention the fact that she and the reprobate are raising 3 of the 6 children he fathered with the daughter. Did she not wonder where these 3 kids came from?

He said kids were laid at the doorstep.

What was she supposed to think? "No they weren't, they are your spawn with my daughter trapped in the basement for the last twenty years."

Sorry, this thought is not the most likely scenario to pop up in one's mind, I would think.

cougjunkie 04-29-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 214634)
He said kids were laid at the doorstep.

What was she supposed to think? "No they weren't, they are your spawn with my daughter trapped in the basement for the last twenty years."

Sorry, this thought is not the most likely scenario to pop up in one's mind, I would think.

Exactly. The guy concocts this story about his wife running away to be part of a cult at 18. Then over the next 24 years, 3 kids show up on the doorstep with notes from his daughter, saying she can not care for them any longer, will he take care of them.

Also the cellar was below the apartment building and went outside below the garden next to the apartment complex. This is a completely seperate structure from where they lived, its not like it was a basement in their house.