cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What's CougarGuard policy on personal attacks? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19329)

Tavern Knight 05-12-2008 08:06 PM

What's CougarGuard policy on personal attacks?

Is this board moderated like Cougarboard? Are there anal retentive mods here that are stuck in high school and trying to finally live out there dreams of being cool?

Or can I bash them with impunity?

-DixieCougar
-Cassia Cougar
-Bernie Mac
-Rastafar-i
-New Guy
-Jerkface
-etc, etc, etc

TripletDaddy 05-12-2008 08:23 PM

This link briefly addresses your question and should clarify CG's policy on personal attacks.

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...7&postcount=28

Indy Coug 05-12-2008 08:26 PM

The personal attacks serve as a necessary counter-balance to some of the intellectual dry humping that goes on here.

il Padrino Ute 05-12-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 219968)
The personal attacks serve as a necessary counter-balance to some of the intellectual dry humping that goes on here.

I'm laughing right now.

Tavern Knight 05-12-2008 08:33 PM

And now Indy brings up a NEW question

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 219968)

Is there an ignore feature on here? Indy, try not to get too hot headed here as your big size 8 melon getting hot could only add to the global warming crisis.

<testing, testing>

Indy Coug 05-12-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavern Knight (Post 219979)
Is there an ignore feature on here? Indy, try not to get too hot headed here as your big size 8 melon getting hot could only add to the global warming crisis.

<testing, testing>

Yes, there is an ignore feature, although ignoring is for weenies.

Tavern Knight 05-12-2008 08:35 PM

Thank you, DDD for you reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 219962)
This link briefly addresses your question and should clarify CG's policy on personal attacks.

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...7&postcount=28

I assure you I will be extra careful not to attack YOU since I wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize our friendship, that would be punishment in itself.

Tavern Knight 05-12-2008 08:36 PM

Weenies?

"ignoring is for weenies?"

I assume this only applies to THIS site since you have me on ignore on Cougarboard.

Indy Coug 05-12-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavern Knight (Post 219988)
"ignoring is for weenies?"

I assume this only applies to THIS site since you have me on ignore on Cougarboard.

I'm pretty sure I don't have a "Tavern Knight" ignored on Cougarboard. Are you "Cougosexual"?

UteStar 05-12-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavern Knight (Post 219937)
Is this board moderated like Cougarboard? Are there anal retentive mods here that are stuck in high school and trying to finally live out there dreams of being cool?

-DixieCougar
-Cassia Cougar
-Bernie Mac
-Rastafar-i
-New Guy
-Jerkface
-etc, etc, etc

You can bash any of the above posters without getting kicked off...except for etc, etc, etc guy. He is off limits.

TripletDaddy 05-12-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavern Knight (Post 219983)
I assure you I will be extra careful not to attack YOU since I wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize our friendship, that would be punishment in itself.

Jeopardize our friendship? Nonsense!

I have no beef with anyone on this board, and that includes you.

I'm a father to many, married to none, and in case you're unaware, I carry a gun.

cougjunkie 05-12-2008 08:41 PM

What is your name on cougarboard and I will tell you if you are allowed personal attacks.

Tavern Knight 05-12-2008 08:49 PM

Man, you're as smart as your head is big

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 219993)
I'm pretty sure I don't have a "Tavern Knight" ignored on Cougarboard. Are you "Cougosexual"?

Your IQ must be way up there with your CB post count ... go look at the original message and see who it was signed by. The irony/hypocrisy, though, is that you say ignoring is for weenies, yet you clearly use the ignore feature. Now quit engaging in your academic nose picking and pull your gargantuan cranium out of your ample posterior.

Tavern Knight 05-12-2008 08:51 PM

I guess I didn't make my "signed by"

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 219997)
What is your name on cougarboard and I will tell you if you are allowed personal attacks.

clear enough. I am legion,

-DixieCougar
-Cassia Cougar
etc, etc, etc

Indy Coug 05-12-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 219993)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 219995)
Jeopardize our friendship? Nonsense!

I have no beef with anyone on this board, and that includes you.

I'm a father to many, married to none, and in case you're unaware, I carry a gun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavern Knight (Post 220014)

-DixieCougar
-Cassia Cougar
etc, etc, etc

Well, shit for brains, it appeared you were making a list of people you would like to bash on Cougarboard, but weren't allowed to.

Quote:

Them appeared to refer to the following

Quote:

-DixieCougar
-Cassia Cougar
-Bernie Mac
-Rastafar-i
-New Guy
-Jerkface
-etc, etc, etc

Flystripper 05-12-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

-DixieCougar
-Cassia Cougar
etc, etc, etc

Fantastic, DixieCougar has now joined us! Somebody needed to replace Johnny Lingo

TripletDaddy 05-12-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

-DixieCougar
-Cassia Cougar
etc, etc, etc

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Back it up, Back it up, Beep, Beep, Beep.

Are you being serious?

Swear on your mother's grave and everything else you hold holy that you have an absolute knowledge, a certain knowledge, that you are truly Dix/Casswipe.

TripletDaddy 05-12-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flystripper (Post 220019)
Fantastic, DixieCougar has now joined us! Somebody needed to replace Johnny Lingo

Dix will leave as soon as he realizes that it is not safe here for him or his family.

cougjunkie 05-12-2008 08:56 PM

Welcome Dix. Personal attacks are allowed, especially if they are directed at Exute, Adam (byuinnyc) or Johnny Lingo.

Tavern Knight 05-12-2008 08:57 PM

So, now we're just left with the substance of what you said

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 220018)
Well, shit for brains, it appeared you were making a list of people you would like to bash on Cougarboard, but weren't allowed to.

Them appeared to refer to the following

Are you going to offer some sort of retraction or admit that, among other things, you're a weenie?

You're the biggest blow hard, it's kind of funny. Tell us all again about how you lived in the Middle East for two years when you were in elementary school and so you're an expert on counter terrorism measures. I love that story.

Tavern Knight 05-12-2008 08:58 PM

What happened to Lingo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flystripper (Post 220019)

Is he not even on here any more?

Tavern Knight 05-12-2008 08:59 PM

And this after professing your undying love

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 220025)
Dix will leave as soon as he realizes that it is not safe here for him or his family.

that hurts.

cougjunkie 05-12-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavern Knight (Post 220034)
Is he not even on here any more?

you can read about lingo here:

mormonmomofnine.blogspot.com

Indy Coug 05-12-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavern Knight (Post 220029)
Are you going to offer some sort of retraction or admit that, among other things, you're a weenie?

Retraction for what?

Quote:

You're the biggest blow hard, it's kind of funny. Tell us all again about how you lived in the Middle East for two years when you were in elementary school and so you're an expert on counter terrorism measures. I love that story.
Link?

BYU71 05-12-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

-DixieCougar
-Cassia Cougar
-Bernie Mac
-Rastafar-i
-New Guy
-Jerkface
-etc, etc, etc

Warning. Don't be my shaddow on this board. This board is condusive to chewing up people and spitting them out. Get your feet wet. Tackle some of the lightweights like Mike, Indy, Tex and Adam.

Tavern Knight 05-12-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 220041)
Warning. Don't be my shaddow on this board. This board is condusive to chewing up people and spitting them out. Get your feet wet. Tackle some of the lightweights like Mike, Indy, Tex and Adam.

Indy? Indy is a message board equivalent of a Medusa, for every stupid thing he says that you disprove, 8 new ones pop up. He's not worth my time, he's just kind of fun to harass, which is even more enjoyable since it obviously bugs him enough to have ignored me.

Indy Coug 05-12-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavern Knight (Post 220048)
Indy? Indy is a message board equivalent of a Medusa, for every stupid thing he says that you disprove, 8 new ones pop up. He's not worth my time, he's just kind of fun to harass, which is even more enjoyable since it obviously bugs him enough to have ignored me.

Ignored you? I've never ignored you. Jefe from time to time will sneak in a "forced ignore" without formal notification.

Such has happened with Rocky Balboa and exUte in the past.

Tavern Knight 05-12-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 220050)
Ignored you? I've never ignored you. Jefe from time to time will sneak in a "forced ignore" without formal notification.

Such has happened with Rocky Balboa and exUte in the past.

Bull, if Jefe or a mod did it, it would be a mutual ignore. You're full of crap as usual. You just took me off ignore, liar.

BYU71 05-12-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavern Knight (Post 220058)
Bull, if Jefe or a mod did it, it would be a mutual ignore. You're full of crap as usual. You just took me off ignore, liar.

I'd bet money this isn't Cassita. Too much rankor.

Tavern Knight 05-12-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 220060)
I'd bet money this isn't Cassita. Too much rankor.

I'll prove it's me ... it's spelled "rancor", not "rankor". Is that proof enough?

Tex 05-12-2008 09:15 PM

Well, at least the policy is clear.

Indy Coug 05-12-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavern Knight (Post 220058)

I did notice that the "Report Abuse" icon is right next to the "Ignore" icon on CB.

;)

Why would I ignore you? Do you see me ignoring anyone else? If I was going to start ignoring people, you wouldn't be even close to the top of my list. I may be some sort of obsession of yours, but you barely register a blip on my radar.

BYU71 05-12-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavern Knight (Post 220067)
I'll prove it's me ... it's spelled "rancor", not "rankor". Is that proof enough?

Actually I have found you to have developed, albeit limited, a sense of humor. This proves only that you could be him.

TripletDaddy 05-12-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavern Knight (Post 220029)

It isnt just because he lived in the Middle East....it is also because he was born on a military base and his grandfather also lived in the Middle East. That is why he is an expert on these things.

Indy Coug 05-12-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 220078)
It isnt just because he lived in the Middle East....it is also because he was born on a military base and his grandfather also lived in the Middle East. That is why he is an expert on these things.

Link?

UteStar 05-12-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

-DixieCougar
-Cassia Cougar
-Bernie Mac
-Rastafar-i
-New Guy
-Jerkface
-etc, etc, etc

Actually, you probably don't want to bash DixieCougar...its too easy because of all of the things he has said in the past. Its like shooting fish in a barrel, its much better to pick on someone that can fight back.

RC Vikings 05-12-2008 09:24 PM

He hasn't offered to meet anybody yet and have a fight so I'm having my doubts.

Tavern Knight 05-12-2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Vikings (Post 220082)
He hasn't offered to meet anybody yet and have a fight so I'm having my doubts.

I'm gonna kick your yewt from here to Kingdom Come.

Ahhhhh, this board experience is so much more cathartic. Now that I've blown off some steam, let me say that that whole thing about me wanting to beat everybody up is mostly urban legend. It's not on Snopes yet, but I'm working with them.

Indy Coug 05-12-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavern Knight (Post 220088)
I'm gonna kick your yewt from here to Kingdom Come.

Ahhhhh, this board experience is so much more cathartic. Now that I've blown off some steam, let me say that that whole thing about me wanting to beat everybody up is mostly urban legend. It's not on Snopes yet, but I'm working with them.

Mostly?

Tavern Knight 05-12-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 220078)

I stand corrected and defer to your wisdom in this matter. If I had but known of this additional and, admittedly, exonerating information, I wouldn't have spoken. He is clearly a foreign policy expert and I will consider the matter closed.

Is it okay if I still occasionally point out that a size 8 helmet warrants a look into possible malignant growths, which would also explain some other posts of his?