cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Went to an In-N-Out Burger and some rankings... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19949)

UteStar 06-04-2008 04:59 PM

Went to an In-N-Out Burger and some rankings...

I finally made it to an In-N-Out joint and it was surprisingly pretty tasty. We enjoyed the fries as well and got our burger done 'animal style.' I was at the front of the line and ordered my burger and then said flamboyantly, 'and do it animal style' while swinging my hands and fingers in a circle. Don't know if it impressed them or what. Anyway, here is how I stack up chain burger joints:

**Top Tier
In-N-Out
Fudruckers--probably my favorite out of the group.
Training Table--problem is that it probably doesn't deserve to charge as much as they do for their burgers

**Middle Tier
Apollo Burger
Crown Burger
Sonic Burger

The rest--Wendys, McDonalds, Burger King.

I have not tried '5 Guys' so I am curious to see where it stacks up to the rest.

YOhio 06-04-2008 05:26 PM

A second on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. Remember that when you're trying to squeeze those decidedly non-metrosexual hips into your Jordache 38-30's.

YOhio 06-04-2008 05:33 PM

To your main point, I really like In n' Out. I'd love to have one close by.

Five Guys is a terrific hamburger spot. They're expanding at a pretty rapid pace and I'll be surprised if they're able to maintain quality.

I'm not as sold as you are on Fuddruckers. To me, Fuddruckers is about the same as Red Robin or Ruby Tuesday. A decent, but overpriced, burger.

I'd also move Crown Burger into the top tier. I love the Crown Burger. I have an acquaintance who regularly travel to Hill AFB and, though not a native Utahn, always makes a visit to Crown.

Another place I really like is Culver's. It's a midwest chain and is known for their butterburgers and frozen custard.
http://www.culvers.com/about/default.aspx

pelagius 06-04-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 228319)
Another place I really like is Culver's. It's a midwest chain and is known for their butterburgers and frozen custard.

I will second the Culver's recommendation. Its my current preferred burger place since there is one about 1.5 miles from my house.

YOhio 06-04-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelagius (Post 228327)
I will second the Culver's recommendation. Its my current preferred burger place since there is one about 1.5 miles from my house.

The one in Hilliard off of I-270? Have you noticed that the employees at Culver's are universally polite? I've been to three or four different locations and I'm always surprised at how nice they are.

pelagius 06-04-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 228328)
The one in Hilliard off of I-270? Have you noticed that the employees at Culver's are universally polite? I've been to three or four different locations and I'm always surprised at how nice they are.

That's the one. One of your post temple session dining spots?

Agreed, very polite.

ewth8tr 06-04-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteStar (Post 228300)
I finally made it to an In-N-Out joint and it was surprisingly pretty tasty. We enjoyed the fries as well and got our burger done 'animal style.' I was at the front of the line and ordered my burger and then said flamboyantly, 'and do it animal style' while swinging my hands and fingers in a circle. Don't know if it impressed them or what. Anyway, here is how I stack up chain burger joints:

**Top Tier
In-N-Out
Training Table--problem is that it probably doesn't deserve to charge as much as they do for their burgers

**Middle Tier
Apollo Burger
Crown Burger
Sonic Burger

I have not tried '5 Guys' so I am curious to see where it stacks up to the rest.

I agree with Fuddruckers being better than any of those, but everyone always tells be they are not comparable because In N Out is fast food and Fuddruckers is not.

MikeWaters 06-04-2008 05:55 PM

I like Cue's Burger in Southwest Houston.

ERCougar 06-04-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Five Guys is a terrific hamburger spot. They're expanding at a pretty rapid pace and I'll be surprised if they're able to maintain quality.

I'm not as sold as you are on Fuddruckers. To me, Fuddruckers is about the same as Red Robin or Ruby Tuesday. A decent, but overpriced, burger.

I'd also move Crown Burger into the top tier. I love the Crown Burger. I have an acquaintance who regularly travel to Hill AFB and, though not a native Utahn, always makes a visit to Crown.

I miss Culver's. My heart probably doesn't, and it's about the only thing I miss about the Midwest, but still...

But we now have an In N Out, and I'm a fan. Not a rabid fan like some, but it's good stuff.

Also agree with you on Crown Burger. We had one right across from our high school. Mmmm...

creekster 06-04-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelagius (Post 228330)
That's the one. One of your post temple session dining spots?

Agreed, very polite.

AFter another absence THIS is what brings you out? Don't be such a stranger.

landpoke 06-04-2008 07:36 PM

Fat Burger is better than In 'n Out.

pelagius 06-04-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 228413)
AFter another absence THIS is what brings you out? Don't be such a stranger.

I know, its a rather stinging indictment of me ... Another two weeks without posting, and the best I could come up with was "megadittos, YOhio." Not sure such a lacklaster showing deserves a "Don't be such a stranger" response but it is very nice of you.

YOhio 06-04-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelagius (Post 228430)
I know, its a rather stinging indictment of me ... Another two weeks without posting, and the best I could come up with was "megadittos, YOhio." Not sure such a lacklaster showing deserves a "Don't be such a stranger" response but it is very nice of you.

Now that you've ditched your Woody Hayes avatar, I welcome you back with open arms.

creekster 06-04-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelagius (Post 228430)

We knew you when. You coulda been a contenduh.

TheSizzle36 06-04-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 228314)
A second on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. Remember that when you're trying to squeeze those decidedly non-metrosexual hips into your Jordache 38-30's.

I thought SeattleUte finally made a pretty funny post. Then I realized it was YOhio. Tricky Avatars...

TheSizzle36 06-04-2008 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteStar (Post 228300)

**Top Tier
In-N-Out

**Middle Tier
Apollo Burger
Crown Burger
Sonic Burger

If you want a good burger, check out Big Ben's Burger Bar in Roy. Seriously good eats. It looks like a little hole, but it is delicious... and their shakes are top notch too.

Big Ben's and Jim McMahon... Roy's two saving graces.

TheSizzle36 06-04-2008 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 228425)
Fat Burger is better than In 'n Out.

I chill at White Castle, cause it's the best, but I fly at Fat Burger when I'm way out west.

YOhio 06-04-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 228453)
I chill at White Castle, cause it's the best, but I fly at Fat Burger when I'm way out west.

Have you ever been to White Castle? It has caused a crisis of my faith in the Beastie Boys. Truly awful.

UteStar 06-04-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleNewt (Post 228314)

Trust me, that is why I have 'The Firm workout' dvds on overdrive when I eat at In-N-Out burger. I eat what I want but I work my buns off to get back my 'metro' figure.

TheSizzle36 06-04-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleNewt (Post 228459)
Have you ever been to White Castle? It has caused a crisis of my faith in the Beastie Boys. Truly awful.

No, and for that very reason I haven't. White Castle fries, however, only come in one size.

YOhio 06-04-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteStar (Post 228461)
Trust me, that is why I have 'The Firm workout' dvds on overdrive when I eat at In-N-Out burger. I eat what I want but I work my buns off to get back my 'metro' figure.

Yes. You have a 'metro' figure. Your figure is the size of Metro New York-New Jersey-Long Island.

pelagius 06-04-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleNewt (Post 228459)

Agreed. I think you will have to agree that it is no coincidence that both White Castle and Woody Hayes are headquartered (loosely speaking for the departed Mr. Hayes) in Columbus. In fact I drove by White Castle headquarters and , of course, drove on Woody Hayes Drive on my way to work today:

http://static.flickr.com/104/254411786_43e966ddff.jpg

SoCalCoug 06-19-2008 04:40 PM

It's true! Metrosexuals do have good taste! Who'd have thought?

ute4ever 06-19-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 228451)
I thought SeattleUte finally made a pretty funny post. Then I realized it was YOhio. Tricky Avatars...

SeattleUte has been in a meeting with the Womens Law Caucus and asked me to forward the following reply:

Quote:

Bovine digestment in its most Pious form was perfected by Herculaneum. Unquestionably Sappho, Hesiod and Archilochus would feast on a curator of fine meats, accompanied by aged wines from the Naples region. When topped with smoked gouda and scallions from an Oxyrhynchus conquest at sea, an orgasm of culinary symphonies ring within the papillae and epiglottis.

Mormon Red Death 06-19-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 228459)

agreed.. who cares if "white castle fries only come in one size" when you have diarehahh for the next 2 weeks.

landpoke 06-20-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 228459)

The worst hamburgers I've ever consumed and one of the few times in my life I've thrown food away. Of the 10 I purchased 9 were junked.

Archaea 06-20-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

You guys really eat hamburgers?

Does anybody here concern himself with health and cardiovascular matters?

bigpiney 06-20-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 233518)

Yes.
Yes, that is why I will also be running at least 10 miles this weekend, rode my bike for an hour to work this morning and will ride at least 25 miles home.

YOhio 06-20-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 233518)

Yes we eat hamburgers. They're awesome and delicious. This is America dammit. We invented hamburgers.

cougjunkie 06-20-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 233525)
Yes we eat hamburgers. They're awesome and delicious. This is America dammit. We invented hamburgers.

According to Wiki they were invented in Hamburg, New York.,

Archaea 06-20-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Well nobody comes here for our cuisine. Geeze, I'm going to have to school you on good eating habits.

Don't you weigh your food, measure before meals, and make certain you have proper proportions?

YOhio 06-20-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 233569)
Don't you weigh your food, measure before meals, and make certain you have proper proportions?

No. But I know a lot of women who do.

landpoke 06-20-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 233571)
No. But I know a lot of women who do.

I have to go with YOhio on this one.

il Padrino Ute 06-20-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Exactly.

And when America stops eating hamburgers, the terrorists will win.

Archaea 06-20-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 233573)
I have to go with YOhio on this one.

If you want to look like Santa and have the aortas of ninety year olds, go ahead.

landpoke 06-20-2008 09:07 PM

I'm eating sticks of butter straight up. My aortas can screw right off.

Archaea 06-20-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 233598)

Which is the best cardiovascular hospital in Wyoming? Make certain make an appointment in a couple of years.

marsupial 06-20-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 233598)

That's good. My grandpa used to say we need plenty of fat and cholesterol to lube our arteries and keep the blood flowing. He lived past 90, so he must have been right.