cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Gidget Intro (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20861)

Gidget 07-12-2008 06:50 AM

Gidget Intro

This is Surfah's better half. I'm neither a lawyer, doctor or a ute fan. Barely a BYU fan (only by default). I am, however, an incredible diaper changer and maker of random crafts. Yes, that includes some scrap-booking, and yes, that means I am LDS. I am a lover of all things natural (Oregonian born and raised) even my favorite color is green. Not crazy green, just light green. I like Fruit Loops and I think OJ is guilty.

smokymountainrain 07-12-2008 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gidget (Post 241454)
I'm neither a lawyer or a ute fan.

So you have a soul. Good. They need more of your kind around here.

FarrahWaters 07-12-2008 10:45 AM

Welcome! I joined the board because my husband begged me to (bet he regrets it now!), and so we could spend some quality time together. I grew up in WA, so I'm kind of a seafoamy green too.

marsupial 07-12-2008 12:05 PM

This board could use a little more estrogen. I'm glad you joined.

SteelBlue 07-12-2008 02:40 PM

I grew up in Zion too. Ashland for me, how about you?

BarbaraGordon 07-12-2008 03:12 PM

It's a girl!!! hooray!

I was in Oregon just yesterday. It's awfully nice out there.

Gidget 07-12-2008 03:37 PM

Thanks all -

I grew up in good ol' McMinnville, right in the heart of the Willamette Valley, pretty conservative but still lots of hippies, and lots of rain.

Jeff Lebowski 07-12-2008 03:45 PM

Great to have you here.

il Padrino Ute 07-12-2008 04:49 PM

Welcome, from one of the soulless Ute fans here.

Surfah 07-12-2008 08:37 PM

She's a hippie. Don't let the light green fool you. Since we've been married she's decreased my carbon footprint by half.

CardiacCoug 07-13-2008 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfah (Post 241550)
She's a hippie. Don't let the light green fool you. Since we've been married she's decreased my carbon footprint by half.

That sounds like my wife. She will buy anything that is biodegradable or otherwise eco-friendly. Everything from detergent to diapers (cloth) to lightbulbs is gentle on the planet. If I throw away an aluminum can she looks at me like I just killed a puppy.

Also she stocked the fridge with vegan frozen dinners for me to eat when she left town recently. That was weird.

il Padrino Ute 07-13-2008 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardiacCoug (Post 241656)
Also she stocked the fridge with vegan frozen dinners for me to eat when she left town recently. That was weird.

I hope you ignored them and bought manly food.

The right thing to do would be to take them out of the freezer and stack them outside in a corner of your yard. Let 'em spoil. If she asks, tell her you believe in eating food, not what is used to feed food.

Surfah 07-13-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardiacCoug (Post 241656)
That sounds like my wife. She will buy anything that is biodegradable or otherwise eco-friendly. Everything from detergent to diapers (cloth) to lightbulbs is gentle on the planet. If I throw away an aluminum can she looks at me like I just killed a puppy.

Okay maybe Gidget is light green. There are some Morningstar veggie products and Boca burgers in the freezer. We do have the energy saver bulbs in every light in our home. But that was my idea. We're both too practical and cheap for cloth diapers. However, she won't let me have an SUV and I think my powerstroke diesel truck killed her a bit.

UteStar 07-13-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 241462)
This board could use a little more estrogen. I'm glad you joined.

YOhio bring enough estrogen to this board for 5 women...hooya!

Finnegan 02-22-2010 05:27 PM

Hi nice to meet you welcome to the forums.