cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   West Jordan residents or those familiar with it (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24840)

Archaea 11-24-2008 09:03 PM

West Jordan residents or those familiar with it

I have a client who needs to be near West Jordan and is seeking an apartment/condo to rent for work reasons. Does anybody have a recommendation?

Levin 11-24-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 296207)
I have a client who needs to be near West Jordan and is seeking an apartment/condo to rent for work reasons. Does anybody have a recommendation?

Does he have to be on the west side? Tell him to bring his concealed weapons permit.

Archaea 11-24-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 296209)
Does he have to be on the west side? Tell him to bring his concealed weapons permit.

Well it's a manufacturing job, so doesn't desire a long commute, he's single, not LDS and just needs a safe place with easy access to the factory.

Suggestions?

Venkman 11-24-2008 10:22 PM

I'm not sure if there are any nice condos in West Jordan. If he's ok living a little farther south, there's probably some good condos in Daybreak in South Jordan.

Daybreak in South Jordan, how far a commute?

il Padrino Ute 11-24-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 296209)

While I agree with a concealed weapon permit is a necessary thing, it is not needed for protection in West Jordan. Unless suburbs consisting of young families or the occasional jaunt to Red Lobster is considered dangerous.

Archaea 11-24-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 296227)
While I agree with a concealed weapon permit is a necessary thing, it is not needed for protection in West Jordan. Unless suburbs consisting of young families or the occasional jaunt to Red Lobster is considered dangerous.

Can you make a recommendation?

il Padrino Ute 11-24-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 296229)
Can you make a recommendation?

Where will be be working and would he prefer the shortest commute possible?

Archaea 11-24-2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 296230)
Where will be be working and would he prefer the shortest commute possible?

Somewhere in West Jordan and yes, he'd even like to be close to the transit line so that he can commute from the airport.

il Padrino Ute 11-24-2008 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 296231)
Somewhere in West Jordan and yes, he'd even like to be close to the transit line so that he can commute from the airport.

I can't think of anyplace right off hand, but I'll ask a few acquaintances and even do some looking myself and get back to you in the next couple of days.

Archaea 11-24-2008 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 296232)
I can't think of anyplace right off hand, but I'll ask a few acquaintances and even do some looking myself and get back to you in the next couple of days.

Can one take public transit from Airport to West Jordan?

il Padrino Ute 11-25-2008 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 296233)

He would have to either take a couple of different buses or a bus/trax/bus combo, but it can be done.

ute4ever 11-25-2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 296233)

Yes but it's very time-consuming. Bus from airport to downtown; light rail from downtown to Sandy; bus from Sandy to West Jordan. Hope he likes cold winds and slush.

Archaea 11-25-2008 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 296243)
Yes but it's very time-consuming. Bus from airport to downtown; light rail from downtown to Sandy; bus from Sandy to West Jordan. Hope he likes cold winds and slush.

He's commuting from out of state. It's the work not the venue.

Levin 11-25-2008 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 296227)

My comment's mission is accomplished. :)

il Padrino Ute 11-25-2008 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 296264)
He's commuting from out of state. It's the work not the venue.

I'm a bit confused now. (Not a surprise, really).

How often will he be commuting from the airport to West Jordan and back?

He'll be working in West Jordan, correct? And how close would he like a place to stay to his work in WJ?

Finally, if he doesn't mind the extra time necessary for using public transportation, he can pretty much get anywhere he needs to be in the Salt Lake Valley via public transportation.

il Padrino Ute 11-25-2008 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 296269)
My comment's mission is accomplished. ;)

:confused:

For the record, I live in Murray. I just can't get myself to ever have the desire to live west of State Street. :)

Levin 11-25-2008 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 296271)
:confused:

For the record, I live in Murray. I just can't get myself to ever have the desire to live west of State Street. :)

For some reason I thought you lived on the west side; my bad. Pardon the offense. :o

il Padrino Ute 11-25-2008 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 296274)
For some reason I thought you lived on the west side; my bad. Pardon the offense. :o

No worries.

But West Jordan isn't too bad at all. You may have been thinking West Valley City and you would have been much more accurate.

Archaea 11-25-2008 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 296270)
I'm a bit confused now. (Not a surprise, really).

How often will he be commuting from the airport to West Jordan and back?

He'll be working in West Jordan, correct? And how close would he like a place to stay to his work in WJ?

Finally, if he doesn't mind the extra time necessary for using public transportation, he can pretty much get anywhere he needs to be in the Salt Lake Valley via public transportation.

Two separate weeks per month for a period of several years. He doesn't wish to park a car at the airport and would like to take transit to a place. He will not really be living, just working. So safety, convenience and cost efficiency is his goal.

il Padrino Ute 11-25-2008 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 296281)
Two separate weeks per month for a period of several years. He doesn't wish to park a car at the airport and would like to take transit to a place. He will not really be living, just working. So safety, convenience and cost efficiency is his goal.

Got it.

I haven't lived in an apartment for almost 20 years, so I'll need to ask around about that, but there are some decent areas in and around West Jordan that may suit his needs.

I'll get some info back to you in tomorrow or Wed.