cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Garments (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29151)

SoonerCoug 07-18-2014 04:36 AM

Garments

How long till garments are eliminated completely?

How long until they are modified significantly?

I would greatly appreciate a shortened boxer brief so that I could wear some 1980s shorts sometimes, but I generally feel comfortable in my garments. I still wear them.

On the other hand, my wife quit wearing her garments on the honeymoon and never wore them again.

There must be a way to improve them.

I have it on good authority that there are a couple of BYU professors who still wear garments extending to wrists and ankles. Crazy.

byupepsilover 07-18-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerCoug (Post 318770)
How long till garments are eliminated completely?

How long until they are modified significantly?

I would greatly appreciate a shortened boxer brief so that I could wear some 1980s shorts sometimes, but I generally feel comfortable in my garments. I still wear them.

On the other hand, my wife quit wearing her garments on the honeymoon and never wore them again.

There must be a way to improve them.

I have it on good authority that there are a couple of BYU professors who still wear garments extending to wrists and ankles. Crazy.

Interesting thing is that they have made a TON of improvement with the female garments.
Better fabric choices, tighter fitting, capped sleeves, and less riding and bunching!

SoonerCoug 07-18-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byupepsilover (Post 318803)
Interesting thing is that they have made a TON of improvement with the female garments.
Better fabric choices, tighter fitting, capped sleeves, and less riding and bunching!

I had no idea.

LackingOxygen 07-18-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerCoug (Post 318808)
I had no idea.

Most of us guys don't understand what the women go through. Most will put their garments on then place the bra over the garment and then have an "undershirt" with a nice shirt on top, in the middle of the summer! It's amazing most of these women don't fall over from heat exhaustion. Men just have the bottoms, similar to boxer briefs, and a top, which most wear the t-shirt like version. It's easy for the guys.

SoonerCoug 07-18-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LackingOxygen (Post 318850)
Most of us guys don't understand what the women go through. Most will put their garments on then place the bra over the garment and then have an "undershirt" with a nice shirt on top, in the middle of the summer! It's amazing most of these women don't fall over from heat exhaustion. Men just have the bottoms, similar to boxer briefs, and a top, which most wear the t-shirt like version. It's easy for the guys.

My ex-wife always bought petite garments that would only go half way down the thigh. She was a total cheater.

LackingOxygen 07-18-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerCoug (Post 318852)
My ex-wife always bought petite garments that would only go half way down the thigh. She was a total cheater.

If only my wife would do that! Our relationship would spark a fire again! I can honestly say I have always hated the look of garments on LDS women. They are not attractive at all.

byupepsilover 07-19-2014 12:32 AM

Quote:

Another example of why women should be allowed to make some of the rules; or at least be consulted......

Mindfulcoug 07-19-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Do they have to consider this dress code inside the house???

LackingOxygen 07-19-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfulcoug (Post 318883)
Do they have to consider this dress code inside the house???

My wife does. It's frustrating.

LiberalCougar 07-19-2014 04:15 PM

One piece

My father always wore one piece because he didn't want elastic on his waist. I'm a woman and I like my garments. I wear spanks on the bottom with a skirt so I can hike them up and blame the girdle! :p

SoonerCoug 07-19-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiberalCougar (Post 318886)
My father always wore one piece because he didn't want elastic on his waist. I'm a woman and I like my garments. I wear spanks on the bottom with a skirt so I can hike them up and blame the girdle! :p

The elastic does not bother me as long as I tuck my top inside the bottoms.

I have a lot of coworkers asking me why I wear basketball shorts under my slacks.

The worst part is that because I am inactive, my mom still buys them for me.

LiberalCougar 07-19-2014 07:56 PM

Sweetheart

Your mom must be a sweetheart. She wants you back in. You should probably listen to her because she seems very wise.

SoonerCoug 07-20-2014 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiberalCougar (Post 318893)
Your mom must be a sweetheart. She wants you back in. You should probably listen to her because she seems very wise.

My mom is Sicilian. She used to beat me with a wooden spoon to make me practice the piano. Yes, she wants me back in the church.

Archaea 07-20-2014 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerCoug (Post 318900)
My mom is Sicilian. She used to beat me with a wooden spoon to make me practice the piano. Yes, she wants me back in the church.

At least she did not cane the souls of your feet.

SoonerCoug 07-20-2014 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 318906)
At least she did not cane the souls of your feet.

Is that what happened to you?

LiberalCougar 07-20-2014 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerCoug (Post 318900)

Terrible!
Did you become a piano player?

I failed. None of mine can play and I wanted to raise an accompanist!
I should've beat them!

SoonerCoug 07-20-2014 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiberalCougar (Post 318909)
Terrible!
Did you become a piano player?

I failed. None of mine can play and I wanted to raise an accompanist!
I should've beat them!

I spent 13 years as a primary pianist.

Follow the prophet is the creepiest song ever written.

LiberalCougar 07-20-2014 03:44 AM

Still small voice?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerCoug (Post 318912)
I spent 13 years as a primary pianist.

Follow the prophet is the creepiest song ever written.

At least it doesn't get scary minor and talk about the evil I may see!

Primary piano player is best calling. See the hilarious kids but not actually have to deal with them or the frequently absent teachers!:p

SoonerCoug 07-20-2014 04:16 AM

Sometimes I run on my treadmill just in my garments while I listen to Chariots of Fire.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...03_964x566.jpg

byupepsilover 07-20-2014 04:30 AM

Disturbing on so many levels

Mindfulcoug 07-20-2014 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiberalCougar (Post 318893)

I think she should stop giving him free ( sacred) items, he no longer believes in.

SoonerCoug 07-20-2014 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfulcoug (Post 318918)
I think she should stop giving him free ( sacred) items, ho no longer believes in.

Why does it matter to you if garments aren't sacred to you??

I don't give you crap if your mom buys you a chador.

Mindfulcoug 07-20-2014 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerCoug (Post 318919)
Why does it matter to you if garments aren't sacred to you??

I don't give you crap if your mom buys you a chador.

What is the point of giving me Chador when it has no value for me? It would simply ignore the whole aspect of making Hijab. The Iranian government has made and still is making huge damages by forcing female prisoners to wear Chadors when they are present in courts. Disgusting..

SoonerCoug 07-20-2014 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfulcoug (Post 318922)
What is the point of giving me Chador when it has no value for me? It would simply ignore the whole aspect of making Hijab. The Iranian government has made and still is making huge damages by forcing female prisoners to wear Chadors when they are present in courts. Disgusting..

Ok. I'm obviously ignorant on this subject. Educate me.

Mindfulcoug 07-20-2014 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerCoug (Post 318924)
Ok. I'm obviously ignorant on this subject. Educate me.

You have been calling my hijab bedsheets for a decade, now you want me to educate you on that? nice try!

SeattleUte 07-22-2014 06:51 PM

I'm traveling in Italy. Hit the Vatican and all the major religious sites in Rome. It's ironic how here of all places you don't see any of the awful literalism and superstition you see in Latin American Catholicism and US Protestantism (including Mormonism). It's all symbolism and much of it is quite clearly of a piece with the forerunner pagan belief systems. No doubt this is what has liberated this part of the world essentially to be the fountainhead of Western visual arts if not much other creativity.