cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Cougarboard Sucks! Thread (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1067)

JohnnyLingo 01-11-2006 06:58 PM

The Cougarboard Sucks! Thread

Alternately, El Jefe sucks! thread, if you'd like.

Post here all your whining and crying about how an individual runs his own freaking message board. It's like everyone complaining about LHM choosing not to show Brokeback... give me a break.

Please feel free to post here when you feel like venting... that way we don't have a new thread every time someone gets a one-day suspension.

Thank you.

All-American 01-12-2006 03:19 AM

Hey, I seem to remember chatting with you about censorship before...

I don't think there are many here who will go so far as to say all you just did. Cougarboard is one type of board, Cougarguard is another. Ultimately the two ought to be complementary.

DrumNFeather 01-12-2006 02:05 PM

We all know that it is his board, and we're all aware that he can run it the way he wants to...but if people get banned and want to complain about it, this seems like as good a forum as any to do so. Plus, I think that most people who get banned try to or want to get banned.

There are just two different audiences for each board...but I'm pretty sure that when people do get banned, they come over here, so this might not be the best place to show up and attack them, although, the mods don't appear to squash any freedom of speech. So, attack away.

Jeff Lebowski 01-12-2006 02:24 PM

Hey Johnny, if you started a "JohnnyLingo Sucks" thread, you might get a more enthusiastic response.

Just a suggestion.

JohnnyLingo 01-12-2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Hey Johnny, if you started a "JohnnyLingo Sucks" thread, you might get a more enthusiastic response.

Just a suggestion.
Hey, homeboy, I wasn't looking for an enthusiastic response. Obviously very few here understand the idea that El Jefe owns the site, and as such, can do whatever the crap he wants. It's not restricting free speech. If I invite you into my house, and you start doing things I don't approve of, I can boot you out. Why is this so hard to understand?

I guess you could bitch and moan about it, but whining doesn't seem that productive.

fusnik11 01-12-2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
Quote:

Just a suggestion.
Hey, homeboy, I wasn't looking for an enthusiastic response. Obviously very few here understand the idea that El Jefe owns the site, and as such, can do whatever the crap he wants. It's not restricting free speech. If I invite you into my house, and you start doing things I don't approve of, I can boot you out. Why is this so hard to understand?

I guess you could bitch and moan about it, but whining doesn't seem that productive.

most people whine because of the inconsistencies they feel exist when penalties are issued. most whine because they feel that the moderations that occur are unnecessary.

i think everyone understands exactly who owns the site, who runs it, and understands that that person has the right to do whatever they want. just because i dont own the road i drive on doesnt mean i cant bitch when i hit a pothole.

JohnnyLingo 01-12-2006 03:26 PM

You do own the road, fus. Bad analogy.

How about "Just because I don't own my neighbor's swimming pool doesn't mean I can't bitch when the water's too cold"?

non sequitur 01-12-2006 03:33 PM

Quote:

Obviously very few here understand the idea that El Jefe owns the site, and as such, can do whatever the crap he wants. It's not restricting free speech. If I invite you into my house, and you start doing things I don't approve of, I can boot you out. Why is this so hard to understand?

Why does the fact that he owns the site excuse him from criticism? If you invite me into your house and I discover that your walls are plastered with with goat excrement, I will acknowledge your right to cover your walls in any manner you wish, but I'm probably going to criticize it.

JohnnyLingo 01-12-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Why does the fact that he owns the site excuse him from criticism? If you invite me into your house and I discover that your walls are plastered with with goat excrement, I will acknowledge your right to cover your walls in any manner you wish, but I'm probably going to criticize it.
No one is criticizing the "goat excrement on the walls", they're complaining about El Jefe's right to refuse service to anyone he wants. Entirely different.

non sequitur 01-12-2006 03:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No one is criticizing the "goat excrement on the walls", they're complaining about El Jefe's right to refuse service to anyone he wants. Entirely different.

When has anybody ever questioned Jefe's right to refuse service to others? People have merely criticized his judgment.