cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lakers vs Jazz tonight (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14496)

Surfah 11-30-2007 05:36 PM

Lakers vs Jazz tonight

Wish I were going, but the best seat is on my couch anyway. Should be a good game. I'm glad the starters got some rest last night after demolishing Denver in a game they were down by 17.

JohnnyLingo 11-30-2007 05:41 PM

Go Jazz go! Kobe will go for 45 and not involve the rest of his team. They'll stop cutting and setting picks and doing the stuff that makes the Lakers so dangerous.

Jazz will execute as a team, Deron will have 12+ assists, Boozer will have another double-double and Brewer will rack up six fouls guarding Kobe.

Jazz by 8.

And Triple D will make fun of us for caring about a meaningless regular-season game.

TheSizzle36 11-30-2007 07:25 PM

I'm a bit concerned about this game as a Jazz fan as both memo and Boozer are questionable and "game-time decisions". I think we could be alright without Memo, I think we're hosed without Boozer.

Should be a good game and I like it when my debate is whether or not to watch the game on KJZZ or ESPN. I'm pumped for the game. I love beating the Lakers... although I hate losing to them.

TripletDaddy 11-30-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 157475)
Go Jazz go! Kobe will go for 45 and not involve the rest of his team. They'll stop cutting and setting picks and doing the stuff that makes the Lakers so dangerous.

Jazz will execute as a team, Deron will have 12+ assists, Boozer will have another double-double and Brewer will rack up six fouls guarding Kobe.

Jazz by 8.

And Triple D will make fun of us for caring about a meaningless regular-season game.

I will make fun of you either way.

Your analysis is interesting. How come none of that happened the first time these two teams played this season?

This game tonight will be very telling. I think that we can almost predict the NBA champ based off who wins tonight. San Antonio and Boston have no chance.

JohnnyLingo 11-30-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 157538)
I will make fun of you either way.

Your analysis is interesting. How come none of that happened the first time these two teams played this season?

Oh that's right, I forgot. Games between two teams always turn out exactly like they did the last time.

Silly me.

TripletDaddy 11-30-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 157624)
Oh that's right, I forgot. Games between two teams always turn out exactly like they did the last time.

Silly me.

Then why would the Jazz win tonight?

JohnnyLingo 11-30-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 157637)
Then why would the Jazz win tonight?

They obviously won't.

I told you I was wrong.

I am filled with shame.

TripletDaddy 11-30-2007 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 157642)
They obviously won't.

I told you I was wrong.

I am filled with shame.

Don't be too hard on yourself.

Either way, we will be treated to an excellent preview of what is basically the de-facto NBA championship tonight. Jazz and Lakers! This game is HUGE!

Coach McGuirk 11-30-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33 (Post 157471)
Wish I were going, but the best seat is on my couch anyway. Should be a good game. I'm glad the starters got some rest last night after demolishing Denver in a game they were down by 17.

i am in the HP luxury suite tonight. I would put those against your couch.

TripletDaddy 12-01-2007 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 157475)

Jazz by 8.

Doesn't look like Boozer will score a single point tonight.

Let's hope the rest of your predictions are more accurate.