cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Waters, I thought you said the Utes were bad in close games (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23202)

SeattleUte 10-03-2008 04:56 AM

Waters, I thought you said the Utes were bad in close games

Sometimes you're funny. Sometimes you're full of shit.

Cali Coug 10-03-2008 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 273842)

Or he's right, and the rest of Waters' quote could have been "... but OSU's worse."

Hsaru 10-03-2008 05:04 AM

There was a good team on that field???? I didn't see one, saw two mediocre teams, one with an awful QB slugging it out.

UtahDan 10-03-2008 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hsaru (Post 273853)
There was a good team on that field???? I didn't see one, saw two mediocre teams, one with an awful QB slugging it out.

If you have any clue what a quality opponent looks lik you haven't learned it from watching BYU this year. Both defenses played well in that game. That is the best defense Utah will see all year unless we play someone decent in a bowl game.

MikeWaters 10-03-2008 12:48 PM

Asiata turned out not to be the fat bowling ball I said he was.

Asiata was absolutely dominant. They should have given him the ball 30 times.

TheSizzle36 10-03-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 273842)

Better than rarely being funny and almost always full of shit.

cougjunkie 10-03-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahDan (Post 273858)
If you have any clue what a quality opponent looks lik you haven't learned it from watching BYU this year. Both defenses played well in that game. That is the best defense Utah will see all year unless we play someone decent in a bowl game.

Lets be honest, yes the teams BYU have played have not been any good. But do you really think Utah has a world beater schedule? 2-3 OSU? 1-4 USU? 2-2 Michigan? 3-2 UNLV? 3-2 Weber State (3 wins over NAIA schools), 3-1 Airforce?

You have not played any great teams this year. The ones that have potentially to be bowl eligible you have struggled with. Like I have been saying for 3 weeks, BYU and Utah will 8 common opponents and a head to head matchup so by the end of hte season we will truly know who is the better team. But right now all we have to go on is the pollsters and they disagree with you and Seattleute.

BYUsportsguy 10-03-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 273920)
You have not played any great teams this year. The ones that have potentially to be bowl eligible you have struggled with. Like I have been saying for 3 weeks, BYU and Utah will 8 common opponents and a head to head matchup so by the end of hte season we will truly know who is the better team. But right now all we have to go on is the pollsters and they disagree with you and Seattleute.

This echoes my sentiments exactly. Utah bangs their chest saying they have better opponents when it reality, by the end of the season, the opponents from both teams will work out to be equal. Utah has a slight edge in the computers because their opponents have some good wins, but BYU's scoring difference can overcome that and it's too early in the season to REALLY know how good the teams will be at the end of November.

MikeWaters 10-03-2008 02:41 PM

Utes win, and for Ute fans, it's all about Mike Waters.

Victory goes to Mike Waters.