cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   BYU's solution to its basketball woes: (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5994)

SeattleUte 01-15-2007 10:18 PM

BYU's solution to its basketball woes:

BYU has solved its basketball woes by keeping its thoroughbreds from going on missions. I wish somebody would tell Foster he's off the hook.

All-American 01-15-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 53836)
BYU has solved its basketball woes by keeping its thoroughbreds from going on missions. I wish somebody would tell Foster he's off the hook.

An even easier solution would be to admit that the church is false. That way, not only would we do away with missions, we could also allow sports to retain its position of supreme importance in the 21st century. This would also free up about 10% of the fan base's income-- some of which would HAVE to end up in the athletics department.

BlueHair 01-15-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-American (Post 53840)
An even easier solution would be to admit that the church is false. That way, not only would we do away with missions, we could also allow sports to retain its position of supreme importance in the 21st century. This would also free up about 10% of the fan base's income-- some of which would HAVE to end up in the athletics department.

I like this idea. Do you think it wiil work?

Mormon Red Death 01-16-2007 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 53836)

Please.... he had one good game and all of sudden he is the saviour of the ute program? Why don't we wait for him to average a double double before we start trying to pressure him to not go on a mission

il Padrino Ute 01-16-2007 02:19 AM

SU is being selfish. He doesn't care about Foster or whether Foster might hurt his chances to play in the NBA. He only cares about himself and how his self esteem is bolstered when the Ute have on-court success.

SeattleUte 01-16-2007 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 53883)
SU is being selfish. He doesn't care about Foster or whether Foster might hurt his chances to play in the NBA. He only cares about himself and how his self esteem is bolstered when the Ute have on-court success.

No. I think he'll be happier if he doesn't go. I think he'll be better off.

il Padrino Ute 01-16-2007 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 53889)

Right.

Are you glad you went?

RockyBalboa 01-16-2007 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 53889)

Christ loves in spite of your arrogant apostasy and blatant disregard for your bizarre abuse towards others in your life.

lol...you're so easy to figure out.

SeattleUte 01-16-2007 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 53895)
Right.

Are you glad you went?

I don't think it would do me any good to regret two years of my life, and that's not my style. It was a learning experience, I'll tell you that. And its lessons only became more evident as time passed. But would I go if, say, there were such thing as reincarnation and we lived our lives again knowing everything we learned in the prior life? No. I wouldn't.

il Padrino Ute 01-16-2007 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 53905)
I don't think it would do me any good to regret two years of my life, and that's not my style. It was a learning experience, I'll tell you that. And its lessons only became more evident as time passed. But would I go if, say, there were such thing as reincarnation and we lived our lives again knowing everything we learned in the prior life? No. I wouldn't.

Ok then, why not allow Foster the same?