cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   tonight's menu: (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4045)

OhioBlue 09-08-2006 03:15 PM

tonight's menu:

Fried chicken: brined for a couple hours, then the whole buttermilk and flour/seasonings dredging thing. Oil will be infused with fresh garlic, sage, rosemary, thyme (removed before adding chicken). Deep-fried.

Mashed potatoes--w/ shallots, garlic, sharp cheddar, a little half and half, butter, kosher salt, fresh pepper.

Oven-roasted corn on the cob, in husks, then a chile-lime butter for when they come out.

Dessert--baked alaska, strawberry and chocolate style. This one I did last night, took freakin' forever. Used a mixture of semi-sweet baking chocolate and ghirardelli unsweetened chocolate in the cake mixture (more like a really rich slab of brownie than a cake), strawberry ice cream on top of the cake rounds, merengue on top of all that. Tonight it'll go in the oven at 500 for just a couple minutes to brown the merengue. I don't have any alcohol handy otherwise it would be fun to flambe with some sort of sauce. Chocolate and strawberries to garnish, with a little mint.

Some of the above come from a Tyler's Ultimate show I watched. We'll see how it all turns out.

Jeff Lebowski 09-08-2006 04:05 PM

Excellent. What time should we show up?

fusnik11 09-08-2006 04:25 PM

So when do I get invited to OhioBlue manor?

OhioBlue 09-08-2006 04:30 PM

anytime you people want to stop in Cedar City, mi casa es su casa.

We'll be having mac-n-cheese that night, though. :)

ute4ever 09-08-2006 04:58 PM

Tonight my school is throwing an SBA-sponsored kegger. I'll be making a brief appearance for relations & networking purposes, and then going disco bowling with the singles ward.

My menu: whatever food goes with a kegger (beer nuts and pretzles?) and then the bowling alley's finest. Hopefully there will be more than mere vending machines.

Today your anniversary, OhioBlue?

il Padrino Ute 09-08-2006 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioBlue
I don't have any alcohol handy otherwise it would be fun to flambe with some sort of sauce.

What about rubbing alcohol? That stuff flames up real good.

MikeWaters 09-08-2006 06:07 PM

camping tonight. beef, curry, vegetables over white rice.

OhioBlue 09-08-2006 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever
Today your anniversary, OhioBlue?

Nope, even better. Today's Friday. :)

FarrahWaters 09-08-2006 07:49 PM

Since Mike is camping tonight, I plan on making a quick pasta dish that he absolutely hates. Linguine with a sauce made from olive-oil packed tuna, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley. Add some broccoli, make a salad, quick and easy clean-up and time to relax tonight.

OhioBlue 09-08-2006 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarrahWaters
Since Mike is camping tonight, I plan on making a quick pasta dish that he absolutely hates. Linguine with a sauce made from olive-oil packed tuna, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley. Add some broccoli, make a salad, quick and easy clean-up and time to relax tonight.

what is there to hate about that? Mike not a broccoli fan? Sounds good.