cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Enya CD (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24682)

Runner Coug 11-12-2008 07:25 PM

New Enya CD

"And Winter Came"

I just gave it a listen. Good stuff, the typical Enya songs. Anybody that's a fan of hers won't be disappointed, just know going in that you could buy any one of her other CD's and you'd get the same thing.

Mormon Red Death 11-13-2008 08:23 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that Enya is an elf? think about it... Sings in weird Gaelic toungues Looks like she should be in JRR Tolkien book

TripletDaddy 11-13-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 294362)
"And Winter Came"

I just gave it a listen. Good stuff, the typical Enya songs. Anybody that's a fan of hers won't be disappointed, just know going in that you could buy any one of her other CD's and you'd get the same thing.

if you like Enya, you should check out an old band called Cocteau Twins. Really cool stuff, before Enya come onto the scene.

This song, Carolyn's Fingers, was a really popular one, but all their stuff is pretty good if you like this kind of music. Start with "Blue Bell Knoll" or "Heaven or Las Vegas"

Levin 11-13-2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 294945)
if you like Enya, you should check out an old band called Cocteau Twins. Really cool stuff, before Enya come onto the scene.

This song, Carolyn's Fingers, was a really popular one, but all their stuff is pretty good if you like this kind of music. Start with "Blue Bell Knoll" or "Heaven or Las Vegas"

You're kidding, right? This like telling someone, "Oh, you like ice cream? Here, try this dirt. It's similar."

Archaea 11-13-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 294362)
"And Winter Came"

Do you wish you had deleted this post? Most people wouldn't admit to listening to Enya, at least not since the eighties or early nineties whenever she came back. Recovery your manhood and go listen to some Zep.

Runner Coug 11-13-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 294968)
Do you wish you had deleted this post? Most people wouldn't admit to listening to Enya, at least not since the eighties or early nineties whenever she came back. Recovery your manhood and go listen to some Zep.

The only group you ever talk about is Zeppelin. While I appreciate them as much as the next guy, you know that society has moved on, right?

Fortunately, I don't live my life obsessed with what people on a message board think of me, so no, I'm fine with the post.

TripletDaddy 11-13-2008 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 294967)
You're kidding, right? This like telling someone, "Oh, you like ice cream? Here, try this dirt. It's similar."

Agreed. Enya is a cheap imitation.

Archaea 11-13-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 294969)
The only group you ever talk about is Zeppelin. While I appreciate them as much as the next guy, you know that society has moved on, right?

Fortunately, I don't live my life obsessed with what people on a message board think of me, so no, I'm fine with the post.

Chill. if I werer DDD i'd have lots of groups to fight back with.

Runner Coug 11-14-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 294980)
Chill. if I werer DDD i'd have lots of groups to fight back with.

Sorry, just ignore me. Today has sucked.

il Padrino Ute 11-14-2008 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 294972)
Agreed. Enya is a cheap imitation.

Agreed.

Enya is ok, but Cocteau Twins are terrific.