cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Court finds that Duke could not possibly be a worse football team. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20366)

Cali Coug 06-22-2008 02:35 AM

Court finds that Duke could not possibly be a worse football team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3455278

Hilarious!

il Padrino Ute 06-22-2008 03:10 AM

I agree, that is hilarious.

Yet Duke has a better chance of playing in a BCS game than any non-BCS team.

exUte 06-22-2008 05:08 AM

And their share of the BCS football $ pie

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 233700)

will be greater than the best in the WAC, MWC, et al.

TripletDaddy 06-22-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 233700)

My guess is because if Duke were to go undefeated, they would have beaten the likes of Clemson, Miami, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Boston College, or Virginia......which, in any given year, is about 10000 times better than the lame conference schedule the MWC plays, or any other mid-major.

il Padrino Ute 06-22-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 233710)
My guess is because if Duke were to go undefeated, they would have beaten the likes of Clemson, Miami, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Boston College, or Virginia......which, in any given year, is about 10000 times better than the lame conference schedule the MWC plays, or any other mid-major.

That isn't the point.

They have a better chance because they're in one of the self-selected BCS conferences. They have a better chance by default.

TripletDaddy 06-22-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 233739)
That isn't the point.

They have a better chance because they're in one of the self-selected BCS conferences. They have a better chance by default.

And they should. Because by default, that conference is way better.

I don't get why people assume there is some right to have access to play for the national championship, simply because you play football at your school. Maybe that is the fundamental flaw. Who said mid-majors should have a chance?

RockyBalboa 06-22-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 233746)

I don't get why people assume there is some right to have access to play for the national championship, simply because you play football at your school. Maybe that is the fundamental flaw. Who said mid-majors should have a chance?

Who said they shouldn't?

il Padrino Ute 06-22-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 233746)

First, it's not a national championship, it's the championship for the 6 self-proclaimed better conferences.

And using your line of thinking, why should any of the Division I teams that play basketball assume they have a right to have access to play for a true national championship, just because they play basketball?

The BCS has ruined college football and the NCAA is run by pussies who are too afraid to do something about it.

TripletDaddy 06-23-2008 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 233748)
First, it's not a national championship, it's the championship for the 6 self-proclaimed better conferences.

And using your line of thinking, why should any of the Division I teams that play basketball assume they have a right to have access to play for a true national championship, just because they play basketball?

The BCS has ruined college football and the NCAA is run by pussies who are too afraid to do something about it.

then stop watching it. simple.

TripletDaddy 06-23-2008 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 233747)
Who said they shouldn't?

the six conferences that were important enough (and smart enough) to get together and decide.

And the general public that keeps on watching...and making it so profitable.

For all those that do not like it, just stop watching it. If the majority of the folks agree, then pretty soon the BCS will be bankrupt.