cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Canned Salmon (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23496)

YOhio 10-10-2008 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 277733)
I am the same way. I hate tuna fish sandwiches. Sick.

I would rather somebody pass gas in my office than eat a tuna fish sandwich in the break room.

In college my roommate had a native African who was staying with his family come stay with us for a weekend. We went out one night and he just wanted to hang in the apartment by himself. When we came back our whole apartment smelled like burnt Chicken of the Sea. He had opened a can and put it in the microwave. The tuna exploded everywhere in the microwave, he got freaked out and didn't clean it up and our place stunk to high heaven. I left and stayed somewhere else that night.

TripletDaddy 10-10-2008 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 277746)
I would rather somebody pass gas in my office than eat a tuna fish sandwich in the break room.

In college my roommate had a native African who was staying with his family come stay with us for a weekend. We went out one night and he just wanted to hang in the apartment by himself. When we came back our whole apartment smelled like burnt Chicken of the Sea. He had opened a can and put it in the microwave. The tuna exploded everywhere in the microwave, he got freaked out and didn't clean it up and our place stunk to high heaven. I left and stayed somewhere else that night.

This is amazing. Canned tuna is one of my pet peeves. Has always been that way. the smell is gross.

My wife has purchased a few cans, but she knows NOT to make it when I am around. Also, she throws the can away outside, not inside.

It seriously makes my stomach unsettled to smell it.

PS when are native Africans going to get a clue about microwaves? I gave them a free pass for the first 20 or so years, but the technology is pretty common now.

YOhio 10-10-2008 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 277750)
PS when are native Africans going to get a clue about microwaves? I gave them a free pass for the first 20 or so years, but the technology is pretty common now.

You should have seen this guy go crazy over a Coke bottle I dropped on the floor.

TripletDaddy 10-10-2008 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 277756)
You should have seen this guy go crazy over a Coke bottle I dropped on the floor.

Maybe he wasn't going crazy. Maybe he was just blessing the rains.

SeattleUte 10-10-2008 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 277708)
I just received a case of this stuff from my uncle who lives in Alaska. Anybody have any suggestions on how to prep it?

I love fresh salmon. But I don't think there's much to be done for canned salmon. In the first place, most canned salmon is chum salmon, what they call dog salmon in Alaska.

Waters, can chickens eat it?

YOhio 10-10-2008 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 277767)
I love fresh salmon. But I don't think there's much to be done for canned salmon. In the first place, most canned salmon is chum salmon, what they call dog salmon in Alaska.

Waters, can chickens eat it?

This is sockeye.

FarrahWaters 10-10-2008 04:14 AM

Along the lines of a crab cake, you could also do some sort of salmon burger.

Or if it was me, I'd put a little soy sauce on it, and use it as filling for onigiri, rice balls with dried seaweed wrapped around it.

SeattleUte 10-10-2008 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 277769)
This is sockeye.

You like Mormon cuisine, right? How about get some boiled egg noodles, combine some fozen peas lightly steamed, a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of salmon. Mix thoroughly. Crush some potato chips on the top and bake for one hour, or till bubbling.

YOhio 10-10-2008 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 277773)
You like Mormon cuisine, right? How about get some boiled egg noodles, combine some fozen peas lightly steamed, a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of salmon. Mix thoroughly. Crush some potato chips on the top and bake for one hour, or till bubbling.

Sounds like something Lebowski would eat up.

YOhio 10-10-2008 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarrahWaters (Post 277772)
Along the lines of a crab cake, you could also do some sort of salmon burger.

Or if it was me, I'd put a little soy sauce on it, and use it as filling for onigiri, rice balls with dried seaweed wrapped around it.

Thanks Farrah. That's much more useful than SU and Barbara Gordon.