cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What should Ecko do with Bonds' 756 ball? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11933)

ute4ever 09-19-2007 04:07 PM

What should Ecko do with Bonds' 756 ball?

This is a real poll. If you haven't heard, the man who purchased the ball has put up an internet vote at http://www.vote756.com/marcecko/.

il Padrino Ute 09-19-2007 05:33 PM

Too funny.

Branding an asterisk and giving it to Cooperstown would be hilarious. And, it would send Barry into fits.

That's why I voted to brand it.

ute4ever 09-19-2007 05:46 PM

This was a good business investment IMO. Sure Ecko spent $750k on the ball, but now his name is circulating and that voting website could use a few more sponsorships.

High risk, high yield, blah blah blah.

Venkman 09-20-2007 12:16 AM

what a dumbass. Do whatever the hell you want with it Ecko.

il Padrino Ute 09-20-2007 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkman (Post 125603)
what a dumbass. Do whatever the hell you want with it Ecko.

I like that he's giving fans a say in what to do with the ball. Maybe Bonds will finally get the message that he's a prick.

Surfah 09-26-2007 08:16 PM

Well the asterisk won. I voted for it. I was surprised that over a third of voters wanted to just have the ball delivered as is.

il Padrino Ute 09-27-2007 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33 (Post 128253)
Well the asterisk won. I voted for it. I was surprised that over a third of voters wanted to just have the ball delivered as is.

I think those that voted to have the ball delivered as is are those who believe that despite taking steroids, Bonds still had to hit the ball. That is understandable to me, though I voted for the astrisk.

The best part of the story is that Ecko seems to have gotten under Bonds' skin.

mpfunk 10-04-2007 01:21 AM

Ecko is a grandstanding dickhead for all of this. He is just trying to get publicity for himself by doing this whole thing.

The reason people are outraged is because Barry Bonds is a jerk. No one wants historic balls hit by the cartoon character known as Mark McGwire to have an asterisk attached to them. We simply don't know the effect of the steroids that Barry Bonds did, because pitchers were all roided up as well.

I'm glad that Gilbert Arenas called Ecko out on his blog and offered to buy the ball. Hopefully Ecko will sell the ball to Arenas.

So why aren't people calling for all of Clemens memorabilia to be branded. He is a steroid user too and he is a bigger jerk than Bonds.

RockyBalboa 10-04-2007 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 131027)
Ecko is a grandstanding dickhead for all of this. He is just trying to get publicity for himself by doing this whole thing.

The reason people are outraged is because Barry Bonds is a jerk. No one wants historic balls hit by the cartoon character known as Mark McGwire to have an asterisk attached to them. We simply don't know the effect of the steroids that Barry Bonds did, because pitchers were all roided up as well.

I'm glad that Gilbert Arenas called Ecko out on his blog and offered to buy the ball. Hopefully Ecko will sell the ball to Arenas.

So why aren't people calling for all of Clemens memorabilia to be branded. He is a steroid user too and he is a bigger jerk than Bonds.

I'm truly amazed at how much you are wrong about things all of the time.

I can't think of anyone who is consistently wrong about well...pretty much everything, than you are.

I really can't.

mpfunk 10-04-2007 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 131031)
I'm truly amazed at how much you are wrong about things all of the time.

I can't think of anyone who is consistently wrong about well...pretty much everything, than you are.

I really can't.

So why single out Bonds? Shouldn't we doing the same things to all the Clemens memorabilia? Also MLB at best turned a blind to steroids or at best endorsed steroids (and I think it is closer to the later), so there is a lot of culpability on this issue from MLB as well. In fact maybe we should find a way to put an asterisk on the entire Hall of Fame.