cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Another tragedy (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24214)

Archaea 11-01-2008 06:32 PM

Another tragedy

My friend who was hit and run on the road in August was hit again, this time it's much worse. Once again the driver mowed him down, and drove trying to escape detection.

BarbaraGordon 11-01-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 287835)
My friend who was hit and run on the road in August was hit again, this time it's much worse. Once again the driver mowed him down, and drove trying to escape detection.

Gosh that's awful. Hope he's alright, Arch.

creekster 11-01-2008 06:39 PM

Best wishes to him. I hate to hear these stories.

SteelBlue 11-01-2008 06:42 PM

Did they catch the driver?

TripletDaddy 11-01-2008 06:55 PM

What is wrong with people out there?

Hit and run always boggles my mind. You would think that even if the hitter had no concern for the safety of the injured person, the hitter would remain onsite for selfish reasons, as opposed to compounding the problem by running.

I am going to channel my inner EPU here and request that all hit and runners, drunk drivers, etc be rounded up and severely beaten.

il Padrino Ute 11-01-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 287846)
I am going to channel my inner EPU here and request that all hit and runners, drunk drivers, etc be rounded up and severely beaten.

You're too much of a liberal to channel me. You got the round 'em up part right, but I'd rather see the beating go farther than severe.

Arch, I pray your friend will be fine and hope the cretin who did this is caught and dealt with in what I see as the proper manner.

TripletDaddy 11-01-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 287866)
You're too much of a liberal to channel me. You got the round 'em up part right, but I'd rather see the beating go farther than severe.

Arch, I pray your friend will be fine and hope the cretin who did this is caught and dealt with in what I see as the proper manner.

ha. actually, i was going to say that they should be shot, because I know that is WWEPUD, but it just sounded too harsh, even in jest.

at any rate, they deserve severe punishment.

il Padrino Ute 11-01-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 287867)
ha. actually, i was going to say that they should be shot, because I know that is WWEPUD, but it just sounded too harsh, even in jest.

at any rate, they deserve severe punishment.

If it were up to me, drunk drivers would be beaten to death, as shooting is too humane.

However, if the law could be that the first - and consequently the only - offense were to be life in prison without any chance of parole and that the drunk also have to be made to perform very hard labor 12 hours a day 7 days a week, I could accept that as sufficient punishment.

FarrahWaters 11-02-2008 01:02 AM

How serious is it? Is this a local friend?

This sickens me, and it's frightening to think of my husband and friends riding on the road.

BarbaraGordon 11-02-2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarrahWaters (Post 287906)
How serious is it? Is this a local friend?

This sickens me, and it's frightening to think of my husband and friends riding on the road.

It's one of his riding partners. It really worries me that Arch hasn't posted an update. I hope everything's okay.