cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Mercury shock the Shock! (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11781)

YOhio 09-14-2007 04:52 AM

Mercury shock the Shock!

Cappie Poindexter was clutch tonight and DT was her usual self.

The victory is kind of lessened as Cheryl Ford left the game with a knee injury. It's unlikely she'll be able to play in Saturday's deciding game. If Cheryl would have been there the whole game it's unlikely the Mercs would have pulled it out.

ute4ever 09-14-2007 04:59 AM

I did not know you are a lesbian. You should move to SoCal, you would be well embraced.

YOhio 09-14-2007 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 123579)
I did not know you are a lesbian. You should move to SoCal, you would be well embraced.

I guess you hate fundamentally sound basketball.

JohnnyLingo 09-14-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 123580)
I guess you hate fundamentally sound basketball.

Good grief, don't play that card.

Women's basketball is horrible to watch.

YOhio 09-14-2007 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 123599)
Good grief, don't play that card.

Women's basketball is horrible to watch.

That statement convinced me of only one thing. That you're a sexist.

JohnnyLingo 09-14-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 123620)
That statement convinced me of only one thing. That you're a sexist.

Me and millions of other people.

The WNBA ratings are horrendous. I can only assume this is because most people find women's basketball horrible to watch.

YOhio 09-14-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 123630)
Me and millions of other people.

The WNBA ratings are horrendous. I can only assume this is because most people find women's basketball horrible to watch.

I have no doubt that there are millions of sexists living today. With this distinction, you ally yourself with a radical Islam. Be proud.

As a BYU fan, we should be careful using television ratings as a measure for the quality of the product on the field. We can't even get nationwide distribution of our conference channel. Last week in a nationally televised game against the 14th ranked team in the nation, BYU garnered a .4 rating. UNLV-Wisconsin game ranked higher with a .6.

JohnnyLingo 09-14-2007 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 123641)
I have no doubt that there are millions of sexists living today. With this distinction, you ally yourself with a radical Islam. Be proud.

Oh, I am. I'm already allied with the KKK. Adding radical Islam to the mix is a great move.

Quote:

As a BYU fan, we should be careful using television ratings as a measure for the quality of the product on the field. We can't even get nationwide distribution of our conference channel. Last week in a nationally televised game against the 14th ranked team in the nation, BYU garnered a .4 rating. UNLV-Wisconsin game ranked higher with a .6.
Please tell me you aren't this dense.

WNBA Finals game: ESPN
BYU game: CSTV/VS/mtn

Anyone see the slight difference? Put the BYU game on ESPN in the same time slot and it draws much better ratings than the WNBA game did.

YOhio 09-14-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 123644)
Please tell me you aren't this dense.

WNBA Finals game: ESPN
BYU game: CSTV/VS/mtn

Anyone see the slight difference? Put the BYU game on ESPN in the same time slot and it draws much better ratings than the WNBA game did.

That's pure speculation. I won't entertain it.

JohnnyLingo 09-14-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 123648)
That's pure speculation. I won't entertain it.

Yet you have no problem comparing apples to oranges.