cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finances (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   What is the largest credit card debt you've ever had? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18352)

ute4ever 04-08-2008 07:40 PM

What is the largest credit card debt you've ever had?

Anonymous poll

TripletDaddy 04-08-2008 07:42 PM

Personal or business/expense account?

Also, if personal, do you mean unpaid balance after one billing cycle, or simply how high did you get it one month before you paid it all off?

ute4ever 04-08-2008 07:49 PM

Personal accounts. Combining your balances at any given time.

I've gone from $0 last May to what is, to me, an astronomical number in less than eleven months. Fortunately I've been blessed with a workload that will allow be to pay it all off by the end of June. I just wonder how it compares to you rich people.

cougjunkie 04-08-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 206219)
Personal accounts. Combining your balances at any given time.

I've gone from $0 last May to what is, to me, an astronomical number in less than eleven months. Fortunately I've been blessed with a workload that will allow be to pay it all off by the end of June. I just wonder how it compares to you rich people.

I currently owe about 40k in personal credit card debt due to numerous things.

TripletDaddy 04-08-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 206221)
I currently owe about 40k in personal credit card debt due to numerous things.

Shnikeys, dude! That seems like a lot, but then again, credit card debt freaks me out.

I think the most we ever owed combined was still about $6 or $7K, and that was when we were first married.

That was almost a decade ago. We are fortunate to be able to pay off our CC bills monthly.

We also have some student loan debt left....about $13K? somewhere around there. No rush to pay that off.

The highest i ever had in one billing cycle was a bit over $40K on my business CC. It was all expensed and paid for that month. I CLEANED UP on hotel points that month, though. Not bad.

nikuman 04-09-2008 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 206226)
Shnikeys, dude! That seems like a lot, but then again, credit card debt freaks me out.

I think the most we ever owed combined was still about $6 or $7K, and that was when we were first married.

That was almost a decade ago. We are fortunate to be able to pay off our CC bills monthly.

We also have some student loan debt left....about $13K? somewhere around there. No rush to pay that off.

The highest i ever had in one billing cycle was a bit over $40K on my business CC. It was all expensed and paid for that month. I CLEANED UP on hotel points that month, though. Not bad.

I've had as high as 15k, but that was paid off in the normal billing cycle. It was a planned thing.

We use our card for everything now and pay it off every month.

MikeWaters 04-09-2008 02:40 PM

you should do another poll for student debt.

creekster 04-09-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikuman (Post 206474)
I've had as high as 15k, but that was paid off in the normal billing cycle. It was a planned thing.

We use our card for everything now and pay it off every month.

We do the same thing on an airlines card. We get at least a couple of free tickets a year.

FMCoug 04-09-2008 05:25 PM

943,000. How do you think I built m house?

nikuman 04-09-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 206527)
We do the same thing on an airlines card. We get at least a couple of free tickets a year.

I pay for all sorts of stuff with my points. They can be converted into airline miles (although not as quickly as if it was just an airlines card) but, more to the point, I can buy stuff with them too. My entire slate of gifts for my wife last year was a result of my points.