cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   RPI Forecast Update post AFA (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6801)

jay santos 02-28-2007 03:17 PM

RPI Forecast Update post AFA

18 right now

record, final RPI
1-1, #24
2-1, #20
3-1, #18
4-0, #13

bigpiney 02-28-2007 03:32 PM

Thanks.

So based on this I would have to guess that BYU gets a pretty good seed in the tourney. But I am guessing that it will be lower than it should be. They probably should be a 6 based on this. That is crazy to think.

I have seen UNLV as a 4 seed in some places. How often does the conference runner-up get a higher seed than the first place team? I agree that they have the RPI behind them, but it still seems kind of unprecedented.

Goatnapper'96 02-28-2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpiney (Post 63151)
Thanks.

So based on this I would have to guess that BYU gets a pretty good seed in the tourney. But I am guessing that it will be lower than it should be. They probably should be a 6 based on this. That is crazy to think.

I have seen UNLV as a 4 seed in some places. How often does the conference runner-up get a higher seed than the first place team? I agree that they have the RPI behind them, but it still seems kind of unprecedented.

I really doubt if BYU wins the MWC outright UNLV will be seeded higher than BYU. I look for BYU to be a 6 or 7 seed and UNLV will be the same. I am assuming BYU beats Utah, wins the first two in the MWC tourney and loses to UNLV in the championship game.

If BYU wins out they will move up to a 5 or 4 seed.

MikeWaters 02-28-2007 04:08 PM

all I want is to win the first game in the NCAA tourney. Nothing else matters to me. I don't care if we lose to Utah and TCU, IF WE GET IN AND WIN THAT FIRST GAME!!!

jay santos 02-28-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 63159)
all I want is to win the first game in the NCAA tourney. Nothing else matters to me. I don't care if we lose to Utah and TCU, IF WE GET IN AND WIN THAT FIRST GAME!!!

That's where I am right now.

il Padrino Ute 02-28-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 63158)
I really doubt if BYU wins the MWC outright UNLV will be seeded higher than BYU. I look for BYU to be a 6 or 7 seed and UNLV will be the same. I am assuming BYU beats Utah, wins the first two in the MWC tourney and loses to UNLV in the championship game.

If BYU wins out they will move up to a 5 or 4 seed.

I agree with all of this. I just don't see UNLV getting a higher seed than BYU, unless the Y tanks against Utah and loses in the first round of the conference tournament and UNLV wins on their home floor (which, IMO, is a bunch of crap for the tournament - the conference champion should always host the tournament).

I just don't see the Y losing until maybe the conference final or 1st round of the Big Dance.

Goatnapper'96 02-28-2007 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 63159)

They will win if they are seeded at a 9 or higher, IMO.

cougjunkie 02-28-2007 06:43 PM

What is the scenario for going 0-2? Losing to Utah and being bounced in round1 of the MWC tourney?

jay santos 02-28-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 63205)
What is the scenario for going 0-2? Losing to Utah and being bounced in round1 of the MWC tourney?

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. :p

ute4ever 03-01-2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 63205)

There is a good possibility that BYU and Utah will face off in round one, in the 2 vs 7 game.