cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   National bike to work week is this week. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19296)

Coach McGuirk 05-11-2008 10:16 PM

National bike to work week is this week.

I am going to do it as my work is only 6 miles from my home. anyone else?

creekster 05-14-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk (Post 219492)
I am going to do it as my work is only 6 miles from my home. anyone else?

Tomorrow is the actual day (it used ot be just a day, now it is a week, and a month, but there is still a day). I iwll be riding becasue they are giving away free stuff along my commute and I love free stuff. Anyone else joining me and Coach?

bluegoose 05-14-2008 09:37 PM

I was hoping to ride to work tomorrow, but I've got to take my 7 year old to school first. So, in order for it to work I would have to drive him to school (right near my work), drive home, get the bike and ride back to work. Plus, its supposed to be 104 degrees tomorrow. And no free stuff along the way. it ain't happenin'.

SteelBlue 05-14-2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 221207)
I was hoping to ride to work tomorrow, but I've got to take my 7 year old to school first. So, in order for it to work I would have to drive him to school (right near my work), drive home, get the bike and ride back to work. Plus, its supposed to be 104 degrees tomorrow. And no free stuff along the way. it ain't happenin'.

I was planning to start my bike commuting this week but what is with these July temps. I hear it's supposed to be 107 on Friday!!!

TheSizzle36 05-14-2008 10:04 PM

I may try and ride tomorrow if my bike cooperates. I've been meaning to start... why not on National Ride your Bike to Work day?!?

il Padrino Ute 05-14-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 221224)
I was planning to start my bike commuting this week but what is with these July temps. I hear it's supposed to be 107 on Friday!!!

It's 63º here right now. Absolutely perfect.

SteelBlue 05-14-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 221239)

Far NorCal is usually paradise in the spring, rarely getting over 80 degrees (it's hell in summer reaching 115-117 @times). This is really strange to see temps well above 100 in May. Spring was all of 2 weeks long this year.

bluegoose 05-14-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 221239)

Yes, but not so perfect when I was visiting there last November and the daytime highs were in the high 20's while it was 65 degrees back home.

Spring and summer in Utah are awfully hard to beat in the weather department.

ERCougar 05-14-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 221245)
Far NorCal is usually paradise in the spring, rarely getting over 80 degrees (it's hell in summer reaching 115-117 @times). This is really strange to see temps well above 100 in May. Spring was all of 2 weeks long this year.

Obviously global warming.

Because you're not riding your bike to work.

il Padrino Ute 05-14-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 221254)
Yes, but not so perfect when I was visiting there last November and the daytime highs were in the high 20's while it was 65 degrees back home.

Spring and summer in Utah are awfully hard to beat in the weather department.

Summers in Salt Lake are too hot for my liking and winters are only slightly less bothersome - but because of the snow, not the cold. I prefer cooler weather.

If it would be in the mid to high 60s year round, I would be very happy.