cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Anyone been to a NFL Game? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6730)

RockyBalboa 02-23-2007 05:52 AM

Anyone been to a NFL Game?

I'm thinking of flying down to Dallas this Fall and catching a Cowboys game.

I've been a fan since I was a little kid. I still have an old Cowboys pennant with Drew Pearson's autograph. I've been to tons of College games, but never a pro game.

SeattleUte 02-23-2007 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 62568)

I've been a fan since I was a little kid. I still have an old Cowboys pennant with Drew Pearson's autograph. I've been to tons of College games, but never a pro game.

I've been to a number of them. College games are more exciting.

Surfah 02-23-2007 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 62568)

Yeah. They're a ton of fun, but they can't touch a college game atmosphere in my opinion. But one day I will sit in the Black Hole and maybe that will change my opinion. Maybe this year even...c'mon JaMarcus!

nikuman 02-23-2007 12:18 PM

college games definitely have a better ambiance and less obnoxious fans. Went to a Giants-Chiefs game two years ago - people were throwing empties all over the place and starting fights BEFORE the game even started. Only comparable mob action I've ever seen is at a hockey game.

marsupial 02-23-2007 12:47 PM

I went to a 49er-Raiders game at Candlestick Park when I was a kid. My bro is also a big Cowboys fan. He worshipped Tom Laundry. Hopefully if we're still in Dallas in the fall he'll bring the fam' out for a game.

TheSizzle36 02-23-2007 01:12 PM

I've been to a Monday night game. It was fun. It was a different atmosphere than a College game, that's for sure, but it was still a cool experience.

I was just pissed I didn't get to go to the playoff game when my dad got tickets last minute and I couldn't catch a flight out. THAT would have been awesome...

DrumNFeather 02-23-2007 01:21 PM

I've been to Several Redskins games at Fed Ex Field as well as RFK Stadium. I thought the experience was great. If you are going as a casual observer, you won't have as much fun as a dihard fan will.

The major difference between the pro and college games is that the pro is much more of a business and there is much more thought and planning that goes into the in game entertainment...you can't just trot the band out there and call it good (well, the Redskins do have a marching band, but that is not the point.)

I imagine that being a life long Cowboys fan, you'll enjoy the experience quite a bit.

MikeWaters 02-23-2007 02:21 PM

you should try to catch an A&M game in the same trip. They have probably the best atmosphere of any team in the country.

Even Tarkanian said that, as he has toured the country attending games.

hyrum 02-23-2007 04:17 PM

Nfl

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 62602)
you should try to catch an A&M game in the same trip. They have probably the best atmosphere of any team in the country.

Even Tarkanian said that, as he has toured the country attending games.

While you're in DFW, if you want college atmosphere all rolled into the Texas State Fair, go the Oklahoma vs Texas game in the Cotton Bowl. Just pray the bolts holding the stands together don't rust through while you're there.

For NFL, you can't beat Lambeau Field or Arrowhead. Compared to Lambeau, the atmosphere at a game I attended at Texas Stadium (it was a playoff game, even) was a snoozer.

MikeWaters 02-23-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrum (Post 62625)
While you're in DFW, if you want college atmosphere all rolled into the Texas State Fair, go the Oklahoma vs Texas game in the Cotton Bowl. Just pray the bolts holding the stands together don't rust through while you're there.

I agree with this. Esp. if you were married to a college football fan. And esp. if that person you were married to was Barbara Gordon.