cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How to anger a Ute fan fairly easy. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150)

WJCougar 08-24-2005 04:41 PM

How to anger a Ute fan fairly easy.

Mention that #1 draft pick Alex Smith is 2nd string now.

UtahDan 08-24-2005 04:58 PM

Whoever told equaboy about this board...

Why?

MikeWaters 08-24-2005 05:04 PM

we were doing some investigation on the poster "ecuaboy" here who was liberally sprinkling 4-letter words in his posts, to see if it was a troll posting as the troll ecuaboy. THere is such thing as unintended consequences.

WJCougar 08-24-2005 05:05 PM

Why do you care UtahMan

I had about 20 people tell me about this site. Why do you care who told me?

UtahDan 08-24-2005 05:12 PM

Because once I know...

I can start biding my time, looking for any opportunity to inflict something equally noxious on them.

ute4ever 08-24-2005 07:51 PM

Ecuaboy,

If you read the Ute board you will find that Ute fans think this is a good move. Alex needs time to adjust to the NFL level. 2003 #1 pick Carson Palmer did not start a single game in his rookie season; this is nothing new.

On MNF they said over the past 20 years, the average rookie QB rating was 65, and John Elway's was 54.

Tim Rattay has experience and should be absorbing those first-string defenses, with Alex playing mop-up. Even more so since the 49ers OL looks to be about as strong as Lone Peak High.

ewth8tr 08-24-2005 08:04 PM

I wonder how many games Rattay will last

I would be shocked if Rattay makes it past week 8 or 9 with how bad the niners OL is. Alex will be the starter this year one way or another.

il Padrino Ute 08-24-2005 10:34 PM

I'm starting to get the feeling...

that being an ass is a personality trait of ecuaboy rather than an act on his part.

Ecuaboy - Ute fans are aware that Alex Smith will have to learn to adjust to be able to play at the professional level, especially the NFL. What I find both amusing and irritating is that you seem to only find joy in the failure of others. Perhaps it's because your life is one failure after another and you seek company?

WJCougar 08-24-2005 11:14 PM

Why are you calling me by your middle name?

Yeah, calling me the A word makes you a better person! And Ute fans have never loved it when BYU loses? As long as you and your Yewt faithful continue to banter BYU with every breath your life has, I will continue to banter the Utes every chance I get. As far as Alex goes, of course Yewt fans say he is better off, but in reality it proves that Rattay is the better QB and that Smith needs to learn how to play real football and not that gimmick offense Utah runs. Oh, and Utah will lose to Arizona.

il Padrino Ute 08-24-2005 11:18 PM

I don't claim supriority. Never have, never will, but I do know that being an ass is not an admirable trait.

So Smith is now the #2 QB? How does that affect me? It doesn't.