cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Our good streak has been going long (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4897)

Archaea 11-01-2006 05:32 PM

Our good streak has been going long

so the fact that we're facing a passing team concerns me. Coach Lubick is a good coach, capable of devising a strategy and tactics sufficient to defeat us.

What I read about CSU's deficiencies make me think on balance, BYU should still have a solid win, but ... I'm worried because that's my job.

Goatnapper'96 11-01-2006 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 43429)
so the fact that we're facing a passing team concerns me. Coach Lubick is a good coach, capable of devising a strategy and tactics sufficient to defeat us.

What I read about CSU's deficiencies make me think on balance, BYU should still have a solid win, but ... I'm worried because that's my job.

There is nothing Sonny can do to win this game. The only way that CSU can win this game is if BYU helps out. If BYU plays a good game, CSU does not have the talent and ability to win. If BYU plays poorly, then CSU could be able to win.

My expectations are something similar to last week, save that if CSU is forced to throw the ball a lot, it could get ugly as BYU will have more chances to score.

48-20...

tooblue 11-01-2006 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 43431)
There is nothing Sonny can do to win this game. The only way that CSU can win this game is if BYU helps out. If BYU plays a good game, CSU does not have the talent and ability to win. If BYU plays poorly, then CSU could be able to win.

My expectations are something similar to last week, save that if CSU is forced to throw the ball a lot, it could get ugly as BYU will have more chances to score.

48-20...

I'd love to have your enthusiam and willingness to believe in this team -I'm not there yet. I actually worry much more about the Wyoming game, but CSU is well coached and they will prove to be a bigger challenge than Airforce.

MikeWaters 11-01-2006 08:46 PM

We should win by at least 3 td's. That's what I said last week. And we didn't get it done. But close.

RockyBalboa 11-01-2006 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 43456)
We should win by at least 3 td's. That's what I said last week. And we didn't get it done. But close.

We did win by 3 TD's.

MikeWaters 11-01-2006 09:13 PM

I meant 21 points.

Goatnapper'96 11-01-2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 43449)
I'd love to have your enthusiam and willingness to believe in this team -I'm not there yet. I actually worry much more about the Wyoming game, but CSU is well coached and they will prove to be a bigger challenge than Airforce.

CSU is not a good team. They were trounced by Nevada and Wyoming. Their wins are over Fresno, Colorado, Weber State and UNLV. They lost close games to Air Force and UNM. I would say that the 8 games they have played paints a consistent picture. I love Sonny Lubick and things would be different if they had Kyle Bell, but they do not. Barring BYU playing poorly, I really don't think they can beat the Y.

That is not to say that I cannot forsee BYU laying an egg. I don't think they will, but teams don't always play to their potential.

The fact is that CSU is one dimensional. BYU has really controlled CSU the past couple of years. I don't see that changing. Hanie will get 250-300 yards passing, but the run game will be less than 50 and CSU will score 21 points at the most. I think BYU scores at least 35.

If you don't believe in the Cougars just believe CSU is bad.

mpfunk 11-01-2006 10:18 PM

Goatnapper is gay.

Goatnapper'96 11-01-2006 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 43470)
Goatnapper is gay.

That might be true, but it will have no bearing on how the season finishes out.

I really like Bronco Mendenhall. You like him Funk?

Mormon Red Death 11-02-2006 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 43449)

I used to think Sonny Lubick was a good coach till the Utah v CSU game last year.. Honestly if Whittingham had not bailed him out he would have been burned for that game.

Here is what I wrote on utefans after that game:

"First thing - Both Head coaches made some bonehead errors but one got lucky and the other didn't.

Case #1- At the end of the 3rd quarter I called up utahby5 and said "when did Lubick become retarded?" Going for 2 with a whole quarter left? There is simply to much that can happen to not get the easy point in favor of the 2pt conversion. They had probably 6 possessions left and would have been down only 4. Had we pushed across the goaline that would have been the story of the game as if they just kicked the extra point we would have gone for a tie."