cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Food Network (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10992)

YOhio 08-20-2007 04:49 AM

Food Network

Now this is a fine television station. There some seriously good shows. Iron Chef America, Throwdown, Good Eats, and Dinner: Impossible are among my favorite. The hosts are also fantastic, with one glaring exception. Alton Brown, Bobby Flay, Tyler Florence, and Paula Dean are true professionals, but I click off whenever Rachael Ray is on.

Anybody else love this station?

il Padrino Ute 08-20-2007 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 114047)
Now this is a fine television station. There some seriously good shows. Iron Chef America, Throwdown, Good Eats, and Dinner: Impossible are among my favorite. The hosts are also fantastic, with one glaring exception. Alton Brown, Bobby Flay, Tyler Florence, and Paula Dean are true professionals, but I click off whenever Rachael Ray is on.

I'd much rather eat food than watch it on TV.

And I think Rachel Ray is one of the most annoying people on the planet. My wife loves to watch her show. I'd rather chuck the remote at the screen.

Clark Addison 08-20-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Alton Brown, Bobby Flay, Tyler Florence, and Paula Dean are true professionals, but I click off whenever Rachael Ray is on.

Completely agree about AB and Rachael Ray. The others I don't feel all that strongly about. I kind of like watching Bobby Flay, but, despite knowing very little about the guy, I always get the feeling that he would be a complete jerk in person.

Good Eats is one of the 2 or 3 shows that I DVR. It sometimes picks up the last 10 or 20 seconds of Ms. Ray, which is still too much of her.

FarrahWaters 08-20-2007 05:47 PM

I like Alton Brown, and Iron Chef. Had a small crush on Tyler Florence. that Italian girl, Giada (?) is gorgeous. Bobby Flay is annoying.

Maybe Robert Rodriguez should get his own show. Warning: The F-bomb appears once in both of these videos.

Sin City Breakfast Tacos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z27W-JZHjC8

Puerco Pibil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp35Sqr4zwE

Sorry, I don't have time to look up how to embed videos.

MikeWaters 08-20-2007 05:52 PM

Rachel Ray was ok in FHM magazine.

jay santos 08-20-2007 11:06 PM

Quote:

America's Top Chef is my wife's fav show and I've been getting into it, but I don't think it's on this channel.

SteelBlue 08-20-2007 11:49 PM

I lost all respect for Rachel Ray when I was watching some show where she traveled the country eating as cheaply as possible. She would add up the bill including tip at the end of the show and proudly take credit for some of the worst tipping I've ever seen.

YOhio 08-21-2007 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 114446)
I lost all respect for Rachel Ray when I was watching some show where she traveled the country eating as cheaply as possible. She would add up the bill including tip at the end of the show and proudly take credit for some of the worst tipping I've ever seen.

$40 a Day is the name of the show. The best thing about that show is watching the waitresses ham it up for the camera. They give RR some water with lemon as if they were offering her a glass of the finest wine the restaurant has to offer. Then RR gives her a $1.28 tip.

fusnik11 08-21-2007 12:29 AM

Giada has a huge head and the way her mouth moves annoys me. Plus large boobs on a chick that appears to be 4'9" isn't attractive to me.

The best shows on the Network are as follows:

1. Iron Chef Japan (although they don't show it anymore)
2. Iron Chef America
3. Barefoot Contessa (Ina makes easy amazing food)
4. Boy Meets Grill (I hate the Throwdown, feel bad for the other people)
5. Good Eats

creekster 08-21-2007 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusnik11 (Post 114468)
Giada has a huge head and the way her mouth moves annoys me. Plus large boobs on a chick that appears to be 4'9" isn't attractive to me.

The best shows on the Network are as follows:

1. Iron Chef Japan (although they don't show it anymore)
2. Iron Chef America
3. Barefoot Contessa (Ina makes easy amazing food)
4. Boy Meets Grill (I hate the Throwdown, feel bad for the other people)
5. Good Eats

Most successful people on TV have huge heads. This is true.

I cannot stand RRay. Really and truly one of the most annoying persons I have ever seen on TV, regardless of how big her head is.