cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   When did the Jazz become a bunch of wussies (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13468)

mpfunk 11-02-2007 02:49 AM

When did the Jazz become a bunch of wussies

If a guy wants to go in the paint to try to score, put their ass on the ground. I'm tired of this Jazz team letting teams score easily in the paint. Foul them, foul them hard. Make them earn it. McGrady is going up and someone let him just dunk it, why not make him feel some pain by putting him on the ground. You do that and he thinks twice about going in the paint.

This is what will keep the Jazz from being great. We need an enforcer.

cougjunkie 11-02-2007 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 145015)
If a guy wants to go in the paint to try to score, put their ass on the ground. I'm tired of this Jazz team letting teams score easily in the paint. Foul them, foul them hard. Make them earn it. McGrady is going up and someone let him just dunk it, why not make him feel some pain by putting him on the ground. You do that and he thinks twice about going in the paint.

This is what will keep the Jazz from being great. We need an enforcer.

Carlos Boozer and Memo may be very talented offensively, but they are part of imo the worst defensive frontcourt in the NBA, and that is including AK.

YOhio 11-02-2007 03:20 AM

Araujo would have been a good enforcer, but he was never fully utilized in that role.

mpfunk 11-02-2007 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 145020)
Carlos Boozer and Memo may be very talented offensively, but they are part of imo the worst defensive frontcourt in the NBA, and that is including AK.

I agree completely. The SGs in the league should be fearing playing the Jazz. They should be bruised and in pain after every game with the Jazz, unfortunately instead they all are circling the games against the Jazz. The Jazz need an Antoine Carr on this team.

TripletDaddy 11-02-2007 04:54 AM

Cheer up, Manic street preachers.

The Jazz will be able to tune up their D when they scrimmage against the Lakers this Sunday. They should also get plenty of time to fine tune their O.

Jeff Lebowski 11-02-2007 04:57 AM

We had tickets to the game tonight. It was a fun atmosphere, but that was a pretty lousy effort by the Jazz.

McGrady was incredible. That was quite the performance.

SteelBlue 11-02-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 145021)
Araujo would have been a good enforcer, but he was never fully utilized in that role.

Is he still in the NBA?

MikeWaters 11-02-2007 02:18 PM

Maybe they don't want to pay fines and take pay cuts for suspensions, not to mention beign pariah in the league.

DrumNFeather 11-02-2007 02:25 PM

I hear Charles Oakley wants back in the league...there's an enforcer for you.

YOhio 11-02-2007 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 145107)
Is he still in the NBA?

He's playing somewhere in Europe. I think Russia.