cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What was the first CD that you purchased? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23632)

ute4ever 10-15-2008 02:09 AM

What was the first CD that you purchased?

Depeche Mode Violator, 1990.

BarbaraGordon 10-15-2008 02:36 AM

I'm so not going to say.

ps. I totally would have been kicked out of the house if I'd been caught listening to my own personal Jesus.

Brian 10-15-2008 02:45 AM

beethoven 9th symphony. a few days after i got back from my mission.
dad got a massive stereo setup while i was gone.

TripletDaddy 10-15-2008 02:49 AM

Mine was Erasure, The Two Ring Circus.

Bought it around 1987 or 1988.

We had a sony CD component. I thought it was so cool how you could digitally fast forward through songs without scratching the disc.

Surfah 10-15-2008 03:01 AM

This is embarrassing.

Another Bad Creation - Coolin' at the Playground You Know

"Iesha! You're the girl that I never had. And I want to get to know you better."

cougjunkie 10-15-2008 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfah (Post 279396)
This is embarrassing.

Another Bad Creation - Coolin' at the Playground You Know

"Iesha! You're the girl that I never had. And I want to get to know you better."

Boyz II Men, ABC, BBD the east coast family!

Runner Coug 10-15-2008 03:21 AM

"Cocked and Loaded" by LA Guns. Still a good listen for an 80's metal head.

I also remember buying "Leather Boyz With Electric Toyz" from Pretty Boy Floyd. It had a ballad called "I Wanna Be With You" that was sure to get some young lass to make out with you. I should break it out and see if it works on my wife. I'm guessing it won't.

il Padrino Ute 10-15-2008 03:22 AM

Split Enz - True Colours
The Cars - Heartbeat City

Bought them both the day before I came home from Italy.

TripletDaddy 10-15-2008 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 279402)
"Cocked and Loaded" by LA Guns. Still a good listen for an 80's metal head.

I also remember buying "Leather Boyz With Electric Toyz" from Pretty Boy Floyd. It had a ballad called "I Wanna Be With You" that was sure to get some young lass to make out with you. I should break it out and see if it works on my wife. I'm guessing it won't.

I don't know who came up with the idea of replacing "want to" and "would like to" with "wanna," but rock and roll has never been the same since.

Bam bam bam bam
Bam bam bam bam bam
I would like to be sedated....

il Padrino Ute 10-15-2008 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 279419)
I don't know who came up with the idea of replacing "want to" and "would like to" with "wanna," but rock and roll has never been the same since.

Bam bam bam bam
Bam bam bam bam bam
I would like to be sedated....

"It would please me to be sedated."

"Oh, that I might be sedated."

"My deepest desire is to be sedated."