cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Mrs. Meanie finally speaks (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7702)

Mrs. Meanie 04-16-2007 04:32 AM

Mrs. Meanie finally speaks

Today BFM has been laid up and I have been waiting on him since he hurt his foot yesterday at the kids' soccer clinic. He has been bugging me for a while now to register on cougarguard so I will quit reading over his shoulder when he is busy posting and replying to threads. So here I am.

I am from California but my roots are here in Utah. My dad graduated from BYU and went on to be a librarian at San Jose State University. I attended BYU until my first baby was born. Now I have five kids and a new home to take care of. If I had the time I would love to sew, and I would do some gardening if I had a place to do it(we just moved in to our new home in December so all we have is dirt). I like to read mysteries, romantic novels like Pride and Prejudice, and even Harry Potter books.

That's about it.

BarbaraGordon 04-16-2007 04:43 AM

Hi, Mrs. Meanie!

Pride and Prejudice is absolutely my favorite book of all time. I love Austen. And I also have an underused sewing machine.

I hope you will like it here...welcome!

Jeff Lebowski 04-16-2007 04:51 AM

Welcome aboard, Sister Meanie.

Detroitdad 04-16-2007 04:51 AM

Welcome Mrs. Meanie. Is one of your children named Bugs Meanie? (throwing out a little Encyclopedia Brown for old times sake).

YOhio 04-16-2007 04:53 AM

Welcome welcome.

Mrs. Meanie 04-16-2007 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitdad (Post 73796)
Welcome Mrs. Meanie. Is one of your children named Bugs Meanie? (throwing out a little Encyclopedia Brown for old times sake).

BFM has been trying to get our kids to start reading the books that he liked as a kid. He liked Encyclopedia Brown, The Great Brain, and The Three investigators. But since we have mostly girls they tend to steer towards Nancy Drew, Little House on the Praire and Harry Potter.

il Padrino Ute 04-16-2007 06:39 AM

Welcome.

I'm the original token Ute here. Anything good BFM may have said about me is a lie.

il Padrino Ute 04-16-2007 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitdad (Post 73796)

Excellent. Encyclopedia Brown rocks.

Frank Ryan 04-16-2007 12:59 PM

but brown's friend

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Meanie (Post 73816)
BFM has been trying to get our kids to start reading the books that he liked as a kid. He liked Encyclopedia Brown, The Great Brain, and The Three investigators. But since we have mostly girls they tend to steer towards Nancy Drew, Little House on the Praire and Harry Potter.

Sally might be considered by some to be a good female role model.

I loved those books and the Great Brain ones as well.

Mr. Meanie has good taste in kids' books

marsupial 04-16-2007 01:51 PM

Another woman--Yippee

Welcome Mrs. Meanie.

I am also from California.