cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   mustang grape jelly (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9733)

MikeWaters 07-07-2007 12:11 AM

mustang grape jelly

my dad made a bath of 14 jars for himself. I have talked him into making a batch of a dozen for myself.

This is the best grape jelly on the planet. Mustang grapes are tart, so the combination of the tartness, the sweetness of the sugar, and the grape flavor--pure heaven.

THis is a bigtime score.

The grapes are the wild variety in Texas.

YOhio 07-07-2007 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 98526)
my dad made a bath of 14 jars for himself.

It sounds good, but bathing in it seems excessive.

Lost Student 07-07-2007 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 98583)
It sounds good, but bathing in it seems excessive.

Have any of you read "Letters from an Idiot"? (I think that was the title of the book.)

It was a compilation of letters some comedian wrote to large corporations, said comedian pretending to be a very dumb consumer.

One of the letters was to some skin lotion company, asking if he could buy their lotion in bulk quantity so he could fill his bathtub with it to sleep in.

Anyway, bathing in this jelly is probably good for your skin or something. Maybe I'll give it a try if MW says it's "pure heaven."

YOhio 07-07-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Student (Post 98604)
Have any of you read "Letters from an Idiot"? (I think that was the title of the book.)

It was a compilation of letters some comedian wrote to large corporations, said comedian pretending to be a very dumb consumer.

One of the letters was to some skin lotion company, asking if he could buy their lotion in bulk quantity so he could fill his bathtub with it to sleep in.

Anyway, bathing in this jelly is probably good for your skin or something. Maybe I'll give it a try if MW says it's "pure heaven."

That book is hilarious. Wasn't Jerry Seinfeld the ghost writer?

creekster 07-07-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 98631)

It ws Seinfeld and I agree it was hilarious.

Jeff Lebowski 07-07-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Student (Post 98604)

Is this the book?

http://www.amazon.com/Idiot-Letters-...3833270&sr=8-1

creekster 07-07-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 98650)

No. It is actually called Letters from a Nut by Ted L. Nancy. This one looks like a rip off.

Lost Student 07-07-2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 98651)
No. It is actually called Letters from a Nut by Ted L. Nancy. This one looks like a rip off.

I'm not sure which one was the original and which was the rip-off. The one I read recently was Letters from a Nut, but if I remember correctly, both are pretty funny.

It looks like Letters from a Nut was published in 1999 while Idiot Letters was published in 1995.

creekster 07-07-2007 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Student (Post 98661)
I'm not sure which one was the original and which was the - . The one I read recently was Letters from a Nut, but if I remember correctly, both are pretty funny.

It looks like Letters from a Nut was published in 1999 while Idiot Letters was published in 1995.

Sorry, I have no idea which was first, but letters from a nut by Nancy is the one widely regarded to be by Seinfeld. I don't know anything about the other one, to be truthful.

RockyBalboa 07-07-2007 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 98631)

"Letters From a Nut"...great stuff.