cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   UF student tasered. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11911)

SoonerCoug 09-18-2007 10:03 PM

UF student tasered.

Was this deserved?

8ballrollin 09-18-2007 11:18 PM

Here is a UF thread about it...

http://www.gatorsportsforum.com/foru...c.php?t=193981

http://www.gatorsportsforum.com/foru...c.php?t=193925

non sequitur 09-18-2007 11:49 PM

I hope he sues the ass off the University. He was clearly already restrained when he was tasered. There was absolutely no justification for the cops' overuse of force.

Indy Coug 09-18-2007 11:53 PM

Didn't Rodney King teach us all that there comes a point where you're better off not struggling against a bevy of police?

I don't care if the tasering was warranted or not, the dude dug himself into that hole.

BTW, if you're going to ask a guest like that a question, at least have enough intelligence to ask it in a way that isn't going to get your butt thrown out.

I enjoyed watching that little weanie squeal.

P.S. I can see that SoonerCoug's little avatar boy was pretty distraught watching that video.

non sequitur 09-19-2007 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 125211)
Didn't Rodney King teach us all that there comes a point where you're better off not struggling against a bevy of police.

I don't care if the tasering was warranted or not, the dude dug himself into that hole.

BTW, if you're going to ask a guest like that a question, at least have enough intelligence to ask it in a way that isn't going to get your butt thrown out.

I enjoyed watching that little weanie squeal.

Why am I not surprised that the resident fascist here would think Rodney King had his beating coming to him? I guess he should have known his place.

How can you say you don't care if the tasering was warranted? What would it take to make you care? What if they had pistol-whipped him? What if they had shot him in the head? I'm guessing that since the student was white you'd probably draw the line at shooting him in the head.

Indy Coug 09-19-2007 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 125214)
Why am I not surprised that the resident fascist here would think Rodney King had his beating coming to him? I guess he should have known his place.

How can you say you don't care if the tasering was warranted? What would it take to make you care? What if they had pistol-whipped him? What if they had shot him in the head? I'm guessing that since the student was white you'd probably draw the line at shooting him in the head.

Resident fascist? Spare me the hysterical hyperventilating, you whiny little putz.

I'm not saying it was warranted, I'm saying if the guy had just quietly left he wouldn't have had any of this happen to him.

They warned him ahead of time they were going to taser him if he struggled and he still struggled. If he had stopped struggling then, he wouldn't have been tasered.

They probably didn't need to and probably shouldn't have tasered him, but I'm not crying a river for him either.

8ballrollin 09-19-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 125214)

I agree that tasering was over the top. He'll probably get a nice settlement from UF. But wouldn't you agree he made a mistake by flailing his arms at the cops. At one point he even pushes one of them. That's never going to earn you any favors, especially with low-budge campus cops.

I read a rumor (not worth much) that he handed his camera to a friend and said "watch this" before he started his diatribe. I think he wanted something to happen. It worked.

MikeWaters 09-19-2007 12:22 AM

He was actively resisting arrest. He was warned that he would be tasered. He continued to resist. He was tasered.

Do I think the cops were unprofessional? Yes. In their difficulty of subduing him without tasering. But I don't have a problem with tasering him under these circumstances, where he was continuing to resist and had been warned.

non sequitur 09-19-2007 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 125216)
Resident fascist? Spare me the hysterical hyperventilating, you whiny little putz.

I'm not saying it was warranted, I'm saying if the guy had just quietly left he wouldn't have had any of this happen to him.

They warned him ahead of time they were going to taser him if he struggled and he still struggled. If he had stopped struggling then, he wouldn't have been tasered.

They probably didn't need to and probably shouldn't have tasered him, but I'm not crying a river for him either.

And if my neighbor would have just kept his dog in his own yard, I wouldn't have had poison the thing.

non sequitur 09-19-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 125218)
He was actively resisting arrest. He was warned that he would be tasered. He continued to resist. He was tasered.

Do I think the cops were unprofessional? Yes. In their difficulty of subduing him without tasering. But I don't have a problem with tasering him under these circumstances, where he was continuing to resist and had been warned.

So, if the cops that beat up Rodney King had warned him that they were going to beat the crap out of him, would they have been justified?