cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Saw the preview for the Twilight movie. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19891)

MikeWaters 06-02-2008 06:01 PM

Saw the preview for the Twilight movie.

it looks like a teenager chick flick with a little bit of flying and superpowers involved. Sort of like if John Hughes had mixed x-men with Anne Rice, but without any sex.

RedHeadGal 06-10-2008 08:39 PM

Those books are juvenile fiction, so it should be a teen movie. And I wonder if the screenwriters will have added some sex. Those books could have used some.

Indy Coug 06-10-2008 08:40 PM

If there's one thing that teens need more of, it's sex.

TripletDaddy 06-10-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHeadGal (Post 230530)
Those books are juvenile fiction, so it should be a teen movie. And I wonder if the screenwriters will have added some sex. Those books could have used some.

My wife reads those books. I asked her to give me a little synopsis on the portion she was reading.

I guess there was a birthday party attended by a vampire family and a non-vampire. One of the vampire family members tried to attack the non-vampire, but was prevented from doing so by another family member. Shortly thereafter, the vampire family has to move away.

I have read more interesting concepts on a cereal box.

RedHeadGal 06-10-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 230532)
If there's one thing that teens need more of, it's sex.

A good point, but they are probably getting enough as it is. Save some for the adults.

creekster 06-10-2008 08:56 PM

My 16YO daughter loves those books and is marking the dasy until she can see this movie.

il Padrino Ute 06-10-2008 09:31 PM

Can I guess that this is from those books that my daughter (wife too) loves written by a woman who graduated from BYU?

The books sound idiotic to me, so I can only imagine how bad a movie would be after Hollywood gets a hold of it.

Hsaru 06-10-2008 10:16 PM

Yea all the people I see reading them are people who never read anything, probably says a lot about how intellectually stimulating they are, probably on the level of American Idol.

Mars 06-10-2008 10:25 PM

The Twilight vampire series is aimed at 13 year old girls. They are written by an LDS BYU grad, Stephanie Meyer. Like Harry Potter, some adults (mainly women) enjoy them as well, though they are easy reading. It's mainly a love story between a girl and a 100-year old teenage vampire, with a werewolf love triangle thrown in for effect. Should make a good family film though.

il Padrino Ute 06-11-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars (Post 230589)

The Twilight vampire series is aimed at 13 year old girls. They are written by an LDS BYU grad, Stephanie Meyer. Like Harry Potter, some adults (mainly women) enjoy them as well, though they are easy reading. It's mainly a love story between a girl and a 100-year old teenage vampire, with a werewolf love triangle thrown in for effect. Should make a good family film though.

So it's a ripoff of Teen Wolf?

Teenage werewolf likes the shallow tart.
Girl next door likes the teenage werewolf.
Teenage werewolf decides the shallow tart is too shallow despite being better looking and ends up with the girl next door.