cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What are you getting for Christmas? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15201)

SteelBlue 12-20-2007 07:16 PM

What are you getting for Christmas?

It's usually at least a minor surprise for me, but this year I know what I'm getting. I asked for, and am fairly certain I'm receiving a pair of Brooks Trance 7 running shoes.

MikeWaters 12-20-2007 07:19 PM

I'm getting a toothbrush, some work clothes (i.e. button up shirts and slacks). For starters.

Indy Coug 12-20-2007 07:24 PM

I'm giving my wife a extreme kitchen makeover. I don't really care what I get for Christmas as that just doesn't matter anymore. Probably a DVD or antique slide rule.

SteelBlue 12-20-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 165802)
I don't really care what I get for Christmas as that just doesn't matter anymore. Probably a DVD or antique slide rule.

I have a buddy who always said that once somebody has a job, "if something costs less than $500 and they want it, they already have it". I feel this is quite accurate and come Christmas time I have difficutly telling my wife what I want.

Jeff Lebowski 12-20-2007 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 165806)
I have a buddy who always said that once somebody has a job, "if something costs less than $500 and they want it, they already have it". I feel this is quite accurate and come Christmas time I have difficutly telling my wife what I want.

Bingo. At this point in life, if I want something I go out and buy it. I hate getting expensive gifts that I don't want or need.

TripletDaddy 12-20-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

I am that way. It drives my wife nuts because I never have anything good to ask her to buy for me. If I want a new tie or a book or cd, I just go get it. I have never really cared that much about getting presents for Christmas or birthday. Kind of boring. I like getting them for my kids and wife, but dont care about opening ones for me.

That being said, I am getting 3 things this year, I think.

I decided to ask for a new blanket because mine is getting kind of old now. So that is what I am getting. I am pretty excited about it, actually. A comforter-type blanket.

Second, this sweet belgian waffle maker. my ddd's love eating waffles and so I have kind of come back around to eating them a lot for breakfast. yum.

Finally, my brother and I have agreed to "buy each other" a Rose Bowl ticket and attend together. That present will be purchased about 30 minutes before kickoff outside the stadium.

jxncoog 12-20-2007 08:38 PM

XBox 360 and some time off from work.

Clark Addison 12-20-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

And if it costs more than $500, do you really want your wife picking it out for you?

marsupial 12-21-2007 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clark Addison (Post 165884)
And if it costs more than $500, do you really want your wife picking it out for you?

This is what I am getting:
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=14256

and I ordered it for myself. I even wrote myself a little gift message, on behalf of danimal. :) Since I have our kids covered, both our families and his hometeaching families, he really hasn't had to buy a single present. What a lucky guy.

marsupial 12-21-2007 01:17 AM

Oh, and I should add that when you don't do any of the Christmas shopping, you get a couple of books and a CD worth about $60 while your wife gets a camera worth $650 :)