cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   No interviews for Sarah Palin... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22210)

Cali Coug 09-06-2008 04:46 AM

No interviews for Sarah Palin...

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/...shes_ready.php

Give me a break. This is a tragedy for American democracy. An old man picks an unknown to be his VP, and we are told that she just isn't available to answer any questions? I wonder if we will be graced with the opportunity to question her at some point before the election.

This speaks volumes about how the McCain camp views Palin right now... unprepared.

YOhio 09-07-2008 03:47 AM

Stop it Cali. You're making me laugh.

Tex 09-07-2008 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 262458)
Stop it Cali. You're making me laugh.

He is quite entertaining, no?

YOhio 09-07-2008 04:57 AM

Cali, your posts are funny because of the hyperbole. Sarah Palin dodging a few interviews is controversial, silly, or strategic, but not tragic. A tragedy to democracy is when an African-American is considered 2/3rds a person, when a woman can't vote because of her gender, when poll taxes are implemented to keep people from voting, etc. Democracy is offended when people are kept from the process.

If people don't know enough about Sarah Palin, then they will factor that in their voting decision. The fact that she isn't doing interviews may tell us something about her. Regardless, her lack of interviews excludes nobody from participation.

Despite what the campaign is now saying, I will be surprised if Palin doesn't do an interview in the next couple of weeks. The pressure will be pretty high.

il Padrino Ute 09-07-2008 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 262455)
Seriously, this is insulting to American democracy. The gall it must take to pick a VP 9 weeks before the election and then to shelter that person, whose views we know almost nothing about, for at least the first 5 weeks of the 9 week process, is despicable.

"CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK!"

Tex 09-07-2008 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 262483)
It is also depressing that so many people just don't care at all if they understand the political views of the person they support for VP. But hey- she doesn't know what the VP does, maybe her supporters don't either.

Not only do I not care, but I also have no conscience.

I rely on you for that, Jiminy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 262496)
Despite what the campaign is now saying, I will be surprised if Palin doesn't do an interview in the next couple of weeks. The pressure will be pretty high.

They're just prepping her for the inevitable, "Who is the Deputy Prime Minister of Watirjikistan?" which, when she doesn't know, Cali will inevitably rush to CG to post, "LOL!!!!"

SeattleUte 09-07-2008 05:09 AM

I know Obama did an interview with that lover of child molestation stories O'Reilly. But I think historically "interviews" have not been a common thing in presidential campaigns, have they?

il Padrino Ute 09-07-2008 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 262507)
I know Obama did an interview with that lover of child molestation stories O'Reilly. But I think historically "interviews" have not been a common thing in presidential campaigns, have they?

No need to worry. Cali is afraid of Palin, because she can take the focus off of his Messiah. She's more likable than Obama and more down to earth than Obama. She is also more like the average American than Obama is. This has Cali in a snit because now his savior will not have the red carpet to the White House that Cali believes Obama deserves.

creekster 09-07-2008 06:32 AM

It is a TRAGEDY I say, a TRAGEDY! WHat could be worse than no interview for a VP candidate? Can't you people see it? This is a TRAGEDY!!!

T Blue 09-07-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 262540)
It is a TRAGEDY I say, a TRAGEDY! WHat could be worse than no interview for a VP candidate? Can't you people see it? This is a TRAGEDY!!!

Creek, now that is some funny stuff, very funny indeed.