cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   In the U.S., steak is the ultimate guy food. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13082)

Sleeping in EQ 10-22-2007 03:27 PM

In the U.S., steak is the ultimate guy food.

Ribs and anything with tons of Tobasco sauce are high on the list too.

Archaea 10-22-2007 03:55 PM

Am I the only guy who really doesn't like steak? I can eat a filet mignon but that's about all.

UteStar 10-22-2007 03:55 PM

People laugh at me, but I can have steak for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you buy from the grocery store, you need to buy steak that cost at least $6 a pound or you get chewy, hard to eat stuff. But seriously, I can eat pretty much any steak at any time.

Greasy pizza would be in the mix as a guys food as well.

FMCoug 10-22-2007 03:59 PM

You guys are making me want to go get a steak for lunch.

YOhio 10-22-2007 04:03 PM

I'm pretty sure you guys are wrong on this one. Fois Gras is the ultimate guy food. The only debate is whether you like French or American style.

Venkman 10-22-2007 05:53 PM

I've said it before, but a life without steak is not a life worth living.

woot 10-22-2007 08:10 PM

I love steak, pizza, and beer as much as anybody, but does anybody find it troubling that in our modern time manhood is still associated with destructive behavior? Eating fatty food, indulging in mindless pleasures, and irrational aggression are still some of the hallmarks of masculinity. A man who eats right, prefers to solve problems through reason or negotiation rather than aggression, and who would rather read Tolstoy than watch sports is likely to be seen as more feminine.

Why is that? The behaviors we associate with masculinity are actually more descriptive of animal behavior. Perhaps we should begin to think of "manhood" in terms of our relationship with other animals, rather than in terms of making sure we differential ourselves from women.

ute4ever 10-22-2007 08:11 PM

I also love pot roast, and my favorite sandwiches are roast beef or pastrami.

Consider those the guy alternatives when a steak is not available.

MikeWaters 10-22-2007 08:13 PM

I'm with you Archaea. I'm not a big fan of steak. Didn't grow up eating it, for one. Steak is for the rich.

To me now, it is just a big boring hunk of meat. Who cares.

Venkman 10-22-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 139720)
Steak is for the rich.

Or for people who come from a cattle ranching background. When not attempting to exterminate the wolf, my grandpa threw a few t-bones our way. :)

p.s. MOFOE shout-out: He was growing free-range beef before free-range was cool.