cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   How many ride with an Ipod? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3491)

The Borg 08-03-2006 10:13 PM

How many ride with an Ipod?

I have never rode my bike while listening to anything. Is this a dangerous thing...or is it recommended by those who ride to tunes?

creekster 08-03-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Borg
I have never rode my bike while listening to anything. Is this a dangerous thing...or is it recommended by those who ride to tunes?

I enjoy it but I think it is too dangerous (on the road or around others) so I don't do it.

The_Tick 08-03-2006 11:15 PM

I do all the time.

Not too loud though...

bigpiney 08-03-2006 11:30 PM

I do it a lot of times when mountian biking by myself. But I am in the middle of nowhere and wont see anyone or thing the whole time, though I did see a nice beaver this spring. I also run with one.

Sad note: I was biking last night by a creek at hit a nasty branch which ripped the thing off my head and sent it into the creek. Time for a new mp3 player. I was sad to see it go, mainly because I am cheap and they are expensive, but also because I earned it. My wife said I could buy one if I started running and kept running for an extended period of time (6 weeks or something).

creekster 08-03-2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpiney
I do it a lot of times when mountian biking by myself. But I am in the middle of nowhere and wont see anyone or thing the whole time, though I did see a nice beaver this spring. I also run with one.

You also run with a nice beaver?

How does he run with a tail that size?

Archaea 08-03-2006 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpiney

The forteen year old in me doesn't want to let this go; the forty something does.

creekster 08-04-2006 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea
The forteen year old in me doesn't want to let this go; the forty something does.

Sure, the one time I let myself go and you have to pile on the guilt. Thanks, pal.

Robin 08-04-2006 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Borg

It is against the law in LA. I almost got a serious ticket for riding with a little radio.

MikeWaters 08-04-2006 03:24 PM

I sometimes listen to one. But I ride around a lake with hundreds of other cyclists.

I don't usually use them when I am in a paceline/drafting. You need to be able to hear the clatter that can lead to a wreck.

SteelBlue 08-04-2006 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster
Sure, the one time I let myself go and you have to pile on the guilt. Thanks, pal.

The 14 year old in me wants to tell you that Archaea was referring to something else entirely. The old man in me tells me that you already knew that.