cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Is anybody starting believe Tavernari might be a contributor this year and beyond? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6218)

Archaea 01-26-2007 10:53 PM

Is anybody starting believe Tavernari might be a contributor this year and beyond?

I liked what he did in high school, and he seems to be getting his confidence up. He certainly hasn't found a shot he won't take.

Jeff Lebowski 01-26-2007 11:04 PM

Actually, I think he is starting to show much better shot selection. Hence the increased playing time. I am very excited about his future.

myboynoah 01-27-2007 05:34 AM

Yeah, we definitely need another 10-15 points from a consistently reliable source. Plaisted tends to disappear at times and can't hit a free throw when we need it. Balderson has been missing from the start. Maybe Plaisted will become more consistent and Balderson is starting to show, but it's nice that Tavernari can give us a scoring punch when needed.

Jeff Lebowski 01-27-2007 05:48 AM

Speaking of b-ball, I went to the Timpview-Provo game tonight. Most of they BYU coaches were there (as was Tavernari) to watch BYU-bound Collinsworth play for Provo. He played the entire game. I sure hope this was just an off night, because he was not impressive. He only scored six points and missed most of his free throws. He rebounded fairly well, and he seems pretty athletic, but was not particularly impressive.

Ironically, Collinsworth was outplayed by a freshman on the Timpview team. He is Steve Kaufusi's son and he is only a freshman but he played about half the game for Timpview and was the second-leading scorer on the team (I think he had nine points). He is a big kid and plays the post. He had some nice strong moves and played amazingly well for a freshman. It will be interesting to watch him develop.

RockyBalboa 01-27-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 56693)
Speaking of b-ball, I went to the Timpview-Provo game tonight. Most of they BYU coaches were there (as was Tavernari) to watch BYU-bound Collinsworth play for Provo. He played the entire game. I sure hope this was just an off night, because he was not impressive. He only scored six points and missed most of his free throws. He rebounded fairly well, and he seems pretty athletic, but was not particularly impressive.

Ironically, Collinsworth was outplayed by a freshman on the Timpview team. He is Steve Kaufusi's son and he is only a freshman but he played about half the game for Timpview and was the second-leading scorer on the team (I think he had nine points). He is a big kid and plays the post. He had some nice strong moves and played amazingly well for a freshman. It will be interesting to watch him develop.

Collinsworth was just coming off a pretty bad/freakish injury if I remember correctly, so he might be just getting back into the swing of things.