cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Michael Reed, least dangerous receiver in football? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13949)

MikeWaters 11-15-2007 08:46 PM

Michael Reed, least dangerous receiver in football?

Who would have thought that on a roster full of slow white boys, Reed would end up being the designated possession receiver.

I appreciate his efforts, but I hope we have a more dangerous replacement in the future.

YOhio 11-15-2007 08:50 PM

Last year against Wyoming he had a decent game. 2 catches for 69 yards and a TD.

Indy Coug 11-15-2007 08:52 PM

Well, Collie is 20th in the country in yards per reception (amongst qualifiers) and Pitta is 46th. I see nothing wrong with Reed using his size and route running skills to get us those key 3rd down conversions.

He's been money on 3rd down.

jay santos 11-15-2007 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 151103)
Well, Collie is 20th in the country in yards per reception (amongst qualifiers) and Pitta is 46th. I see nothing wrong with Reed using his size and route running skills to get us those key 3rd down conversions.

He's been money on 3rd down.

I'm not big on him but he made a really nice catch, was it last game? Going low on a really hard thrown ball?

Goatnapper'96 11-15-2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 151092)
Who would have thought that on a roster full of slow white boys, Reed would end up being the designated possession receiver.

I appreciate his efforts, but I hope we have a more dangerous replacement in the future.

Wait until you see Hoost Marsh up close and personal.

Indy Coug 11-15-2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 151092)

BTW, could you possibly be more racist?

MikeWaters 11-15-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 151130)

I could. But I choose not to be.

tooblue 11-15-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 151132)
I could. But I choose not to be.

Mike Waters -the Reggie White of COUGARGUARD :)

jay santos 11-15-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 151130)

I like the Waters style of racism. I engage in it myself. It's on the border of Phil Hendrie style satire, sometimes meaning it for real but sometimes meaning it to mock real racists. The thing is really we're all racist in that we all believe there are certain differences in race and culture as much as we observe empirically. You can't go against your life experience no matter how PC you try to make yourself. So instead of bottling it up and pretending you see no difference, go ahead and embrace it. Open it up and shine a light on it. As long as you're not being malicious and as long as you're not offending.

Lingo is a true malicious racist. Seattle is a joke PC non-racist racist. I don't find either one very helpful.

landpoke 11-15-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 151121)
Wait until you see Hoost Marsh up close and personal.

Hold on there big fella. Hoost used to be fast.