cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Republican speakers tonight are coming out swinging (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22131)

FMCoug 09-04-2008 01:25 AM

Republican speakers tonight are coming out swinging

Whitman and Fiorino had some digs but Romney hammered pretty hard. Wonder if it wll keep escalating until Palin.

I found it amusing that they say she plans on contrasting Mayor and "community organizer" in her speech. :)

BarbaraGordon 09-04-2008 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 261169)
Wonder if it wll keep escalating until Palin.

I don't know but I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple of guys hoping for a climax.

Romney kicked ass. The audience sure loves Huck, though.

FMCoug 09-04-2008 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 261170)
I don't know but I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple of guys hoping for a climax.

Romney kicked ass. The audience sure loves Huck, though.

Huck was his typical folksy self. Did he say anything of substance or hammering on the Dems? I sure didn't notice.

However I expect Rudy to hammer pretty hard.

FMCoug 09-04-2008 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 261172)
Huck was his typical folksy self. Did he say anything of substance or hammering on the Dems? I sure didn't notice.

However I expect Rudy to hammer pretty hard.

Wow. He is really ripping Obama a new one.

YOhio 09-04-2008 02:35 AM

Rudy was fun to listen to. Laughing at the community organizer was priceless.

SeattleUte 09-04-2008 02:39 AM

Freaking Rudy Giuliani. What a speech! May have made my top ten ever.

Palin off to a great start.

Palin comparing herself to Truman is a masterstroke. She's been reading SU's posts on CG.

BarbaraGordon 09-04-2008 02:40 AM

You know, I don't mean to excuse Bristol's actions, but holy moly that boy is HOT.

TripletDaddy 09-04-2008 02:45 AM

I am disappointed with Palin's speech.

Her monochromatic Dr Evil outfit completely hides her breasts.

FMCoug 09-04-2008 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 261186)
Freaking Rudy Giuliani. What a speech! May have made my top ten ever.

Palin off to a great start.

Palin comparing herself to Truman is a masterstroke. She's been reading SU's posts on CG.

What a smackdown. The Dems/media ripping on her small town roots and inexperience may just be their downfall. Rudy and Palin both make Obama sound like a child.

YOhio 09-04-2008 02:49 AM

Wham! Pow!

I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a ‘community organizer,’ except that you have actual responsibilities.