cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Viking is here (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28207)

Viking 11-26-2011 04:21 AM

Viking is here

Hey guys,

I see little relevance to a "Cougar Ute Forum" given that the rivalry (which, as a native Texan, never existed for me) is unlikely to exist in the future to the same extent as the past.

CUF, as CB before, has jumped the shark. Expect a lot more activity here.

MikeWaters 11-26-2011 02:13 PM

Man speaks to the river, but the river has no mind. Just purpose.

ute4ever 11-26-2011 10:46 PM

Let me guess: a sweet-talking rapist showed up in Zarahemla, and most of the Intellectualites and Apotateites felt flattered by how diverse their portfolios had just become; meanwhile you were not cool with it and made your voice known, which hurt the pride of the counsel of the judges, so they banned you.

Viking 11-27-2011 12:30 AM

I just think that as much as Jeff & Co try, as long as you endorse mediocrity, there's not much difference between CB and CUF other than a few f-bombs.

I don't play to the crowd; I don't care (or need to) what others think. I say what I think and know that I will be wrong a lot but that life is more about probabilities than absolutes.

MikeWaters 11-27-2011 02:06 AM

I have not been to CUF since their debut day. I discourage talk about that site, because I don't want this place to get wrapped up in the politics of outside message boards.

This should not be considered a place that welcomes whining about other forums and their moderators/owners.

Moreover, while it may not be readily apparent, Cougarguard has transitioned into a pure dictatorship. I am the dictator. If I don't enjoy this site, then it has no reason to exist. As it is, I don't have to page the firing squad at all, because the only people here are the misfits that fit.

Viking 11-27-2011 08:53 AM

I get it. Why not a natural aristocracy? Those are much more durable.

Viking 11-27-2011 01:49 PM

I've been obsessively reading through your work here, Mike. I thoroughly enjoy what you've created. There's a certain skadefryd that accompanies working others up into a frenzy...but, that side of me is reaching its nadir and I'm less interested in such Kinderspiel.

I like what you've done with your place. The fact you continue despite the crowd compels me perhaps more than anything else

Archaea 11-27-2011 06:20 PM

Mike has an art to what he does, and each forum has its own identity.

I get banned by CB. CUF has no need of me.

And just because there are rising and ebbing tides is no reason for me to abandon.

Viking 11-27-2011 08:50 PM

Mike, if I recall correctly, sent me a PM on CB years ago inviting me to come here. I think I'm about five+ years late. Fitting.

I have a lifetime banishment on CB and my account is no longer active and can't confirm that memory, so pardon me if I'm confusing Mike with someone else.

Archaea 11-27-2011 11:59 PM

It was either Mike or myself. I emailed more than I can remember.

MikeWaters 11-28-2011 03:33 PM

Archaea was instrumental in getting this site going. He did the persuading.

There's a lot more freedom and enjoyment when you no longer have to worry about keeping idiots happy.

Snowcat 12-01-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viking (Post 315245)
I like what you've done with your place. The fact you continue despite the crowd compels me perhaps more than anything else

So, are the doctor, clueless and hottie coming over too?

Archaea 12-01-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowcat (Post 315304)

This place is akin to an empty nest, where the kids have moved on, but sometimes they come back to visit.

Mike redecorates now and then.

Snowcat 12-01-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 315305)
This place is akin to an empty nest, where the kids have moved on, but sometimes they come back to visit.

Mike redecorates now and then.

True. I get a little melancholy each time I visit.

Viking 12-01-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowcat (Post 315304)

unlikely. but we shall see. this is a DDD-free zone so maybe.

MikeWaters 12-01-2011 10:11 PM

We will all be in the ground soon enough. Save your melancholy for more important things.

ute4ever 12-13-2011 05:22 PM

I still get the occasional text or email asking why I said this or that over there. Most recently it was a comment I apparently made about the x96 morning show going off of the air a few years ago. I vaguely remember that. The reason I would have said that, which would have been for the benefit of the out of staters, was because the deejays had announced it several times, as they were caught up in some failed labor agreement with the new owners. "Artie Fufkin" had already been canned. Today, the show is still on the air, so obviously they came to terms. See the recent NBA labor issue for another example of this. I must not have linked a news story, and who knows if the Trib would have printed one about such a glib issue? Bunch of doubting Thomases.