cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   BYU vs. Louisville (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14181)

JohnnyLingo 11-24-2007 01:14 AM

BYU vs. Louisville

BYU jacking up threes like there's no tomorrow, have yet to hit one.

Oh wait, Tavernari just nailed one from 3-pt range.

Sheesh.

woot 11-24-2007 01:25 AM

Well we're winning despite being absolutely ice cold. I'm not sure if that's a good sign or not.

creekster 11-24-2007 01:53 AM

Is lousiville really rated #6? Are they a solid top ten team? I don't follow college hoops that much but I am wondering if we are as good as that or if they may be overrated or if it is too early to tell.

woot 11-24-2007 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 153814)
Is lousiville really rated #6? Are they a solid top ten team? I don't follow college hoops that much but I am wondering if we are as good as that or if they may be overrated or if it is too early to tell.

I'm wondering that as well. Perhaps their injured center is all-world or something. They seem to be a solid, well-coached team, but we're beating them despite shooting poorly, so I'm not sure. We are playing pretty good defense, so maybe that's the key.

creekster 11-24-2007 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woot (Post 153816)
I'm wondering that as well. Perhaps their injured center is all-world or something. They seem to be a solid, well-coached team, but we're beating them despite shooting poorly, so I'm not sure. We are playing pretty good defense, so maybe that's the key.

Here's to a similar performance in the second half (minus the poor 3 pt shooting percentage to start it up) .

JohnnyLingo 11-24-2007 02:33 AM

Boy, Trent is looking good. Playing very well down low.

JohnnyLingo 11-24-2007 02:56 AM

Boy, Tavernari is looking good. Some questionable shot selection, but boy can he shoot. 25 on the night, maybe more if he gets fouled again.

woot 11-24-2007 02:58 AM

Yea this team is looking pretty good. That's a great win tonight. Hopefully they can keep it together and make a good showing tomorrow night.

K-dog 11-24-2007 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woot (Post 153826)
Yea this team is looking pretty good. That's a great win tonight. Hopefully they can keep it together and make a good showing tomorrow night.

BYU is top twenty regardless of what happens tomorrow night. A big game tomorrow night really sets us up well for the rest of the season. Louisville made a big mistake trying to take TP man to man in the block.

Best part. BYU didn't look that good but they won against a very solid team. If they are hot from 3 tomorrow night...who knows. Don't expect too much UNC looks very good.

non sequitur 11-24-2007 03:06 AM

The best thing about this game was the play of Ben Murdock. He answered a lot of questions tonight.