cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Greetings (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18281)

Gifted Fish 04-06-2008 06:11 AM

Greetings

Looks like I'm just another among the multitude of lawyers on the board, but thought I'd at least say hello. Poked my head in here awhile back, and after growing tired of the "other board" blather about Utah restaurants and superficial religious threads, I decided come over for what appears to be a little more thoughtful discussion.

Love BYU football, don't like BYU basketball (front-running Rebels fan who grew up in Vegas). Trying to sort out my religious beliefs during the last few years by diving into everything I could find after a family member decided the church wasn't for him. On the days I'm pretty sure God exists, I think the Mormon conception of existence is the best framework I'm aware of to help me become a better person.

Married, a few kids, love to run trails, and looking to start doing some ultramarathoning.

Jeff Lebowski 04-06-2008 06:38 AM

Welcome aboard, Fish.

Believe it or not, we like lawyers from Henderson.

Archaea 04-06-2008 01:26 PM

Welcome. Ultras, yikes. Some of us saner persons stop at the marathon.

il Padrino Ute 04-06-2008 05:30 PM

Welcome.

Another lawyer?

Ah well. I suppose we can't stop you folks from being here.

;)

Solon 04-06-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 205358)
Welcome.

Another lawyer?

Ah well. I suppose we can't stop you folks from being here.

;)

Welcome.

Runner Coug 04-08-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gifted Fish (Post 205284)
Married, a few kids, love to run trails, and looking to start doing some ultramarathoning.

I'd love to get into trail running. There's some trail heads around here for the Bonneville Shoreline, I've just never done it.

BarbaraGordon 04-08-2008 04:14 AM

Gifted Fish. Curious name. May I enquire as to your fish's particular talent? Me, I've always wanted to own a babel fish. Haven't been able to find one, though. I was disappointed to learn that the babelfish website does not actually sell said fish. Talk about false advertising! harumph.

Jeff Lebowski 04-08-2008 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 206002)
Gifted Fish. Curious name. May I enquire as to your fish's particular talent? Me, I've always wanted to own a babel fish. Haven't been able to find one, though. I was disappointed to learn that the babelfish website does not actually sell said fish. Talk about false advertising! harumph.

That is a curious name. Perhaps he is a Patrick McManus fan:

http://www.amazon.com/Never-Sniff-Gi...629273&sr=8-12

Archaea 04-08-2008 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gifted Fish (Post 205284)
Looks like I'm just another among the multitude of lawyers on the board, but thought I'd at least say hello. Poked my head in here awhile back, and after growing tired of the "other board" blather about Utah restaurants and superficial religious threads, I decided come over for what appears to be a little more thoughtful discussion.

Love BYU football, don't like BYU basketball (front-running Rebels fan who grew up in Vegas). Trying to sort out my religious beliefs during the last few years by diving into everything I could find after a family member decided the church wasn't for him. On the days I'm pretty sure God exists, I think the Mormon conception of existence is the best framework I'm aware of to help me become a better person.

what type of running do you do? I have all sorts of connections in running here.

UteStar 04-08-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 205297)
Welcome. Ultras, yikes. Some of us saner persons stop at the marathon.

Actually Arch, some of us saner persons stop at the 5K.