cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Am I unreasonable? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13103)

Burning Bright 10-22-2007 09:31 PM

Am I unreasonable?

Just wanted an opinion to see what other people think of this topic.

Tomorrow I'm not sending my little girl to kindergarten because her class is having a pajama day. I don't want her to get the message that it's OK to fraternize with unrelated boys while everyone is wearing intimate apparel (pajamas). Someday she'll be 16 and I definately don't want her to have that message then. So instead of sending her to school, I'm going to take the family to a museum.

What are your thoughts? Does my opinion make sense or am I being unreasonable. I'm curious as to what your thoughts are?

FMCoug 10-22-2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning Bright (Post 139788)

Tomorrow I'm not sending my little girl to kindergarten because her class is having a pajama day. I don't want her to get the message that it's OK to fraternize with unrelated boys while everyone is wearing intimate apparel (pajamas). Someday she'll be 16 and I definately don't want her to have that message then. So instead of sending her to school, I'm going to take the family to a museum.

What are your thoughts? Does my opinion make sense or am I being unreasonable. I'm curious as to what your thoughts are?

My thoughts are that I really hope this is a joke.

Mrs. Funk 10-22-2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

I think that "intimate apparel" is a fairly subjective term. There's a big difference between flannel pajamas and a T-shirt and lingerie. I had plenty of male friends in high school who saw me in my "pajamas" (loose pajama bottoms or sweats) and I don't think this is inappropriate at all. I didn't associate this as "intimate apparel." In fact, it was the opposite of sexy. I was being downright grungy.

I don't know that sending your daughter to kindergarten in pink flannel pajamas with cupcakes on them is going to naturally result in a 16-year-old girl being around a boy in her bra and panties. I don't think that pajamas are inherently "intimate apparel" and that any sensible 16-year-old can tell the difference.

MikeWaters 10-22-2007 09:41 PM

Quote:

Tomorrow I'm not sending my little girl to kindergarten because her class is having a pajama day. I don't want her to get the message that it's OK to fraternize with unrelated boys while everyone is wearing intimate apparel (pajamas).

Reminds me of a Clayton Bigsby (Chapelle) quote: "If anyone is going to have sex with my sister, IT'S GOING TO BE ME!"

non sequitur 10-22-2007 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 139789)
My thoughts are that I really hope this is a joke.

I've said it from the beginning: Burning Bright is another CG poster playing the part of clueless mullah. Nice try BB, but you'll have to do better.

FMCoug 10-22-2007 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 139794)
I've said it from the beginning: Burning Bright is another CG poster playing the part of clueless mullah. Nice try BB, but you'll have to do better.

BB sent me a PM saying it's not a joke. But I hope you're right. Otherwise I feel REALLY bad for his/her kids. Yikes.

creekster 10-22-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

My thoughts are that it sort of hurts when you yank my chain so forcefully and there is no payoff at the end.

Burning Bright 10-22-2007 09:49 PM

I think I better define intimate. From the following:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/intimate

I use the first definition:

1. associated in close personal relations: an intimate friend.

hyrum 10-22-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Depends. Are there nekked statues at the museum? Dioramas with Indians in loincloths?

Burning Bright 10-22-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrum (Post 139798)
Depends. Are there nekked statues at the museum? Dioramas with Indians in loincloths?

Dinosaur bones.