cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   This pic hilights what annoyed me most about many church members and prop 8 (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24550)

SteelBlue 11-08-2008 02:30 PM

This pic hilights what annoyed me most about many church members and prop 8

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...oonProp8Lg.gif

I think that's exUte at the top of the wall, supporting prop 8 from SLC. BTW, I've never noticed the nice handrails on the stairs in this painting.

Jeff Lebowski 11-08-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 292331)
I think that's exUte at the top of the wall, supporting prop 8 from SLC. BTW, I've never noticed the nice handrails on the stairs in this painting.

Yeah, I always got a chuckle out of the hand rails. What good is a huge city wall if you can get up to the top quickly and safely? What if the elevator is out of commission?

Jeff Lebowski 11-08-2008 02:50 PM

I saw that pic over on CB. You know what amazes me about CB is that the mods seem to have a hair trigger about religious posts, personal attacks, etc. but it is amazing how much homophobic crap they allow over there lately.

TripletDaddy 11-08-2008 03:03 PM

lol. i have never noticed the hand rails.

That damned OSHA is everywhere.

myboynoah 11-08-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 292338)
I saw that pic over on CB. You know what amazes me about CB is that the mods seem to have a hair trigger about religious posts, personal attacks, etc. but it is amazing how much homophobic crap they allow over there lately.

So, is that photoshopped version considered homophobic?

TripletDaddy 11-08-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 292338)

The mods actually let a lot of the personal attacks slide (I am exhibit A on that one), but you are right in that there seems to be a general approval of negative comments towards gays.

It has to be tough being a mod on CB.....the majority of posts violate one rule or another. it just isnt practical to ding every single person. Add to the fact that most of the mods find many of the same posters to be annoying. Remember, these are the guys that actually had the brains to ban Lingo, exie, and NorCal.

Jeff Lebowski 11-08-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 292340)
So, is that photoshopped version considered homophobic?

No, I was not talking about that. I was talking about a lot of the comments made in the last week or so.

And don't get me wrong. I don't really care that much about what goes on at CB. It has just been interesting lately.

OrangeUte 11-08-2008 03:58 PM

that picture is making me tear up i'm laughing so hard! where is my old blue copy of the BoM - I need to see it again to find the differences. it's like a hidden object game.

PaloAltoCougar 11-08-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 292339)
lol. i have never noticed the hand rails.

That damned OSHA is everywhere.

Perhaps Samuel was an OSHA inspector, and in the picture he's proclaiming, "This walkway is NOT wheelchair accessible!"

[Cue SU for the observation that the Americas did not have the wheelchair until the Spaniards arrived]

Surfah 11-08-2008 09:28 PM

I never noticed the handrails before either. Pretty funny. I guess despite their wickedness they had stringent building codes and inspectors.