cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Some initial reports that BYU and Air Force to Big 12 (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27161)

MikeWaters 06-14-2010 10:04 PM

Some initial reports that BYU and Air Force to Big 12

Of course there has been so much misinformation out there, hard to believe anything.

I would guess that means that Utah is to the Pac 10 in that case?

I have a hard time believing that they would take AF over Utah.

Maybe they are prejudiced against ex-Mormon apostates.

Archaea 06-15-2010 12:07 AM

I hope so.

Failing that, we may be seeing the beginning of the end.

Utah has a Pac12 bid in hand, rumor has it.

Right now, I'm not happy with the university administration. I don't like the lack of direction relative to the departments. For example, the Law School, once in the 20's has fallen to the 40's and nobody seems concerned.

Our university seems to be on the cutting edge of nothing right now.

MikeWaters 06-15-2010 02:18 AM

You know how you get some things done? You ask for volunteers. You give jobs to people who want them, and want to do something with them.

Ways to create stagnation? Assign people who aren't interested.

BYU is the perfect place for people with no ambition. The Robbie Bocoes. Professors who merely cash a check.

MikeWaters 06-15-2010 03:22 AM

btw, the original media source of this rumor now denies it.

SeattleUte 06-15-2010 03:51 AM

It was a prank. you were sucker punched.

BTW, Utah is not available to the B12. It has a better offer.

Archaea 06-15-2010 05:24 AM

When Dallin Oaks was President the university was headed in an upward trajectory.

Following his reign, we saw the law school, MBA and other schools strive for excellence.

Athletic improvement was strived for. Shortly before him, BYU won its first NCAA championships, in men's track in 1970, and then again the eighties for golf and football.

But since that time, we have turned back the clock to mediocrity or at least toward that trajectory.

We emphasis churchiness instead of scholarship, and we flounder while others work to improve their profile. We seem to be reacting rather than proactive development.

As Mike has stated, the body of LDS talent will keep BYU afloat, but excellence doesn't just happen, it must be sought after. Right now, that doesn't appear to be the case. Let's hope the winds of change start blowing sooner rather than later.

MikeWaters 06-15-2010 11:12 AM

Pac 10 is NOT better than the Big 12.

Archaea 06-15-2010 03:17 PM

But is the Pac 12 better than the Big XII, minus two?

MikeWaters 06-15-2010 04:04 PM

IMO, Nebraska and Colorado didn't add much.

Big 12 has superior football and basketball.

Big 12 has superior money.

What else is there to discuss? Number of Rhodes Scholars? Who gives a ****.

Archaea 06-15-2010 05:09 PM

Nebraska was a loss, Colorado was not.

Hey, you forget Sears Cup winner Stanford.

And common criminal USC. UCLA isn't a bad basketball tradition despite last year's performance.

Does the loss of a championship game diminish the money?