cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Mindfulcoug... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11463)

DirtyHippieUTE 09-02-2007 10:34 PM

Mindfulcoug...

Forgive me Mindful but I have to ask... The internet, cougarboard, and life in general have made me this way...

Mindful just seems to be too good to be true. He came on the scene while I was on my break. How do I know he isn't somebody here pulling a tyronnebiggums?

SteelBlue 09-02-2007 11:01 PM

Soonercoug has verified that she's real.

SoonerCoug 09-02-2007 11:37 PM

Yep, she's the real deal. I've known her and her family for about 3-4 years--they're in Iran.

DirtyHippieUTE 09-03-2007 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerCoug (Post 119926)
Yep, she's the real deal. I've known her and her family for about 3-4 years--they're in Iran.

Great... We've got a poster from Iran... You all know the guys in the black helicopters are listening now... Don't use any of the magic words unless you're due for a colon screening.

All-American 09-03-2007 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE (Post 119937)
Great... We've got a poster from Iran... You all know the guys in the black helicopters are listening now... Don't use any of the magic words unless you're due for a colon screening.

Speaking of magic words, do you know that the words "Hocus Pocus" come from the Latin mass? According to the doctrine of transubstantiation, the bread and wine literally become the body and blood of Christ. When the priest would elevate the host, he would say "Hoc est Corpus Meum" (Latin for "This is my body). Naturally, those watching would believe that those words had a magic quality about them that changed the substance to the body of Christ. Add a little unfamiliarity with the Latin language, and you've got "Hocus Pocus."

Mindfulcoug 09-03-2007 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE (Post 119919)
Mindful just seems to be too good to be true.

That's becuase i havenot shown " my iranian wickedness" to the board yet .I'll do my best,I promise :)

ChinoCoug 09-03-2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-American (Post 119942)
Speaking of magic words, do you know that the words "Hocus Pocus" come from the Latin mass? According to the doctrine of transubstantiation, the bread and wine literally become the body and blood of Christ. When the priest would elevate the host, he would say "Hoc est Corpus Meum" (Latin for "This is my body). Naturally, those watching would believe that those words had a magic quality about them that changed the substance to the body of Christ. Add a little unfamiliarity with the Latin language, and you've got "Hocus Pocus."

you've must have had American Christianity from Dr. Keller

il Padrino Ute 09-04-2007 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfulcoug (Post 120020)
That's becuase i havenot shown " my iranian wickedness" to the board yet .I'll do my best,I promise :)

This is a great example of why I like you being here. Great post. :D

All-American 09-04-2007 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChinoCoug (Post 120042)
you've must have had American Christianity from Dr. Keller

Never heard of him.