cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The French go 1 and 2 today... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21204)

RC Vikings 07-25-2008 05:28 PM

The French go 1 and 2 today...

All drug testing will be suspended for the day.

MikeWaters 07-25-2008 06:25 PM

Future spoilers will be met with suspension.

Yes, I take it seriously.

creekster 07-25-2008 06:52 PM

Here's one: The yellow jersey will not be attacked on Sunday.

I feel a little sorry for the French (just a little). It is their stinkin' race and they got nothin'. All they get is the occasional stage win when everybody elkse is tired and no one that ,matters is racing hard. At least we in USA expect our BBall team to win and, even if they don't, they will still be players and will matter. The french barely matter, except by offering their country as a race venue.

I was just looking out my office window and a young woman of about 25 rode by on a bicycle with a superman cape bilowing in the breeze behind her. I wonder if ti gets caught in her spokes or chain?

fusnik11 07-25-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 246914)

I feel a little sorry for the French (just a little). It is their stinkin' race and they got nothin'. All they get is the occasional stage win when everybody elkse is tired and no one that ,matters is racing hard. At least we in USA expect our BBall team to win and, even if they don't, they will still be players and will matter. The french barely matter, except by offering their country as a race venue.

I was just looking out my office window and a young woman of about 25 rode by on a bicycle with a superman cape bilowing in the breeze behind her. I wonder if ti gets caught in her spokes or chain?

Did you think Alejandro was going to try and follow a break away? After the peloton caught the first break away and Valverde attempted to chase down an attack I thought he might go and try and steal a few minutes going into the ITT tomorrow.

You all think that this is going to be the close TDF ever? Phil sure thinks it will be. And speaking of Phil, is there a better announce duo in sports? I can't think of one. They blow any sports announce teams out of the water by miles.

Tex 07-25-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 246914)

Sort of like the Brits and Wimbledon.

Coach McGuirk 07-25-2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusnik11 (Post 246916)
And speaking of Phil, is there a better announce duo in sports? I can't think of one. They blow any sports announce teams out of the water by miles.

Couldn't agree more. They both have so much historical knowledge, it blows me away.

RC Vikings 07-25-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 246911)
Future spoilers will be met with suspension.

Yes, I take it seriously.

Mike this was a stage where the guys in the lead are just resting for tomorrow. The only thing this stage does is get them closer to Paris and to fill in the day. A true cycling fan would know that nothing that happened today was going to matter.

MikeWaters 07-25-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Vikings (Post 246931)
Mike this was a stage where they guys in the lead are just resting for tomorrow. The only thing this stage does is get them closer to Paris and to fill in the day. A true cycling fan would know that nothing that happened today was going to matter.

Look at me not caring what you say.

MikeWaters 07-25-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 246954)
I don't understand why you guys talk about spoilers in the context of the Tour. The stage is broadcast live in the US ending by 9:30 am Utah time. Anyone can watch it any day they want live. What is being spoiled?

Just because some percentage of the board watches it tape delay no one can talk about it after it has aired live? This is weird. What is the approved time delay before discussing live events in general and cycling specifically?

Let me address the uncouth filthy masses who were never taught manners:

How hard is it to type "Stage x (Spoiler)" as your title?

If you want to discuss spoilers, that is fine, in a such-titled thread.

But "Congratulations to Sastre for winning!" is inappropriate.

If you want to be a jerk about this, go find another site.