cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sad News for Utefans (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26148)

Archaea 06-21-2009 11:51 PM

Sad News for Utefans

Perhaps it has been posted elsewhere, but my friend and colleague, an avid Ute fan whom I met on the first Utefans more than a decade ago, only to meet him regularly in real life, Hod Sanders, died late Thursday nite/ Friday morning.

He was found by a family member, alone, having suffered and died. I am most sad by his passing at so young an age. His intellect and wit was a favorite of mine.

For those of you whom remember him, please have some kind thoughts or prayers for him. He died alone, without spouse or children, but he served his clients, friends and family well. I have no wise words other than, "Fare Thee well, Friend."

MikeWaters 06-22-2009 01:24 AM

Don't remember him, but the name sounds familiar.

May his sojourn in the Happy Hunting Grounds be happier than his end.

Archaea 06-22-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 306008)
Don't remember him, but the name sounds familiar.

May his sojourn in the Happy Hunting Grounds be happier than his end.

He was on Cougartalk and the predecessor to Utefans.

UtahDan 06-22-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 306006)
Perhaps it has been posted elsewhere, but my friend and colleague, an avid Ute fan whom I met on the first Utefans more than a decade ago, only to meet him regularly in real life, Hod Sanders, died late Thursday nite/ Friday morning.

He was found by a family member, alone, having suffered and died. I am most sad by his passing at so young an age. His intellect and wit was a favorite of mine.

For those of you whom remember him, please have some kind thoughts or prayers for him. He died alone, without spouse or children, but he served his clients, friends and family well. I have no wise words other than, "Fare Thee well, Friend."

I remember him. This is sad news indeed.

LA Ute 06-22-2009 09:33 PM

He was a wit and a decent fellow. We interacted professionally, mainly by sharing forms and information. We crossed swords in a friendly way many times, especially on politics. I'll miss him.

il Padrino Ute 06-22-2009 11:27 PM

Hod was a good man. I had the pleasure to spend time with him a number of times before games.

I'll miss his wit on utefans.

Archaea 06-23-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 306032)
Hod was a good man. I had the pleasure to spend time with him a number of times before games.

I'll miss his wit on utefans.

I am just a sop but I like people.

il Padrino Ute 06-23-2009 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 306033)
I am just a sop but I like people.

I hear you. I'm the same way.