cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religious Studies (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Lesson 28: Alma 32-35 (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21082)

pelagius 07-21-2008 05:46 AM

Lesson 28: Alma 32-35

HTML Version

PDF of the Notes

ERCougar 07-21-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelagius (Post 244808)

HTML Version

PDF of the Notes

I'm really glad you're doing these again. My wife's a lot happier (less bugged) about my time on cougarguard when I can bring stuff like this back from it. Doesn't seem quite so apostate to her.

pelagius 07-21-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERCougar (Post 245345)
I'm really glad you're doing these again. My wife's a lot happier (less bugged) about my time on cougarguard when I can bring stuff like this back from it. Doesn't seem quite so apostate to her.

Thanks, glad you enjoy them. I suppose now is a bad time to mention that this is my last week substituting as the gospel doctrine teacher.

ChinoCoug 07-24-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelagius (Post 245347)
Thanks, glad you enjoy them. I suppose now is a bad time to mention that this is my last week substituting as the gospel doctrine teacher.

write those lessons anyway.

pelagius 07-24-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChinoCoug (Post 246578)
write those lessons anyway.

Maybe I will try to keep doing a small group of verses or something like that. That probably wouldn't take me very long. Sitting down and writing questions is the only way I can make myself read the scriptures carefully anyways so it would have some personal benefit.

ChinoCoug 08-07-2008 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelagius (Post 246586)
Maybe I will try to keep doing a small group of verses or something like that. That probably wouldn't take me very long. Sitting down and writing questions is the only way I can make myself read the scriptures carefully anyways so it would have some personal benefit.

Reminder...

pelagius 08-07-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChinoCoug (Post 250755)
Reminder...

Ya, I have been lazy.

PaloAltoCougar 08-09-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERCougar (Post 245345)

I second this. Our new ward meets in the afternoon, so I spend a portion of the morning reading Pelagius's fine work. When She Who Must Be Obeyed walks past my office and rolls her eyes at what she presumes is my wasting time on the 'net, I can respond with a smug nod of my own, feeling quite pleased at my righteous preparation.

I hope he'll keep it up, even in an abbreviated format.