cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Had a good time at everything except the game. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237)

Archaea 09-04-2005 11:08 PM

Had a good time at everything except the game.

sorta played golf after six years, sorta watched a football game and had some decent, not great bike rides.

How about the rest of you?

My estimation is a difficult take.

The team performed okay, but not horrible and did nothing well.

BC is a good, not great team.

The team lacked spark. Don't know why but it had no energy.

Next week should be a gimme, but the execution of the game plan needs to be there.

This team will not accomplish anything great without significant improvement. It appears the years of honor code losses have decimated the team in terms of game breakers.

Beck looked better in short game but had no long game whatsoever.

Receivers were a disappointment as they caught no important balls and YAC had to be an all time low.

Defense did nothing great, had expected lapses at corner and had too many offsides penalties.

Special teams were none so special but not horrible.

Overall, my new enthusiasm for this year's team just evaporated. Four years of losing has a way of dimming expectations.

I believe in the espoused principles of the university and of the football coaches, but the administration has accomplished nothing for the school. Hopefully, this administration won't remain with the school for long, as there are good students there, good instructors but nothing at the university is moving forward. If it is, there is no communication of it to the alumni.

We are in a holding pattern until the next Dallion Oaks, or Jeffrey Holland arrives on the scene.

SoCalCoug 09-05-2005 07:00 PM

It was a huge letdown for me.

I've been a huge John Beck supporter until Saturday, but he just didn't show the spark you expect to see from the greats - it was more like watching Feterik - good enough to do the job, and probably won't lose games for you, but isn't going to put the team on his back and win any for us.

JazzyUte 09-05-2005 11:16 PM

I was actually let down a bit too. Not that I hate seeing BYU lose, but I expected more. I mean I went into the game actually buying into what Bronco was saying. I didn't expect a Cougar win, but I expected at least a TD!

I did research, this was the lowest home opener for BYU since 1959 when they were shut out by Montana. I'm not going to make too much comments after just one game, however paint me unimpressed.

Though I'm more unimpressed with New Mexico after their game today.

Next week will be huge for the Cougars. They'll win, but if their offense suffers it could be a long season. It should be an easy victory for the Cougars, but we'll see.