cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Your favorite NBA player? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2289)

JohnnyLingo 05-15-2006 06:00 PM

Your favorite NBA player?

1. Andrei - defensively he's the man. And his offense is getting better every game.
2. LeBron - Absolutely amazing. Can stand to work on his D, but he will get there, too.
3. Duncan minus all the foot problems.

Pat Forde summarized my thoughts about Duncan admirably on espn.com today.

article

mpfunk 05-15-2006 06:25 PM

Current players

1. Andre Miller
2. Andrei Kirilenko
3. Ron Artest: yes I realize he is crazy, but the guy is a great player and a great defender.
4. Allen Iverson: most people think I am crazy for liking AI, but actually watch him play. He is a fundamentally sound player. He knows how to play off the ball and use screens. He has a lot of the same off the ball talents that made Reggie Miller great. Kobe Bryant is already the best player in the NBA, if he ever learned some of the skills that AI has he would be deadly.

All-time
1. Andre Miller
2. John Stockton
3. Karl Malone
4. Reggie Miller

The_Tick 05-15-2006 06:38 PM

I am not a big NBA fan anymore......

But I agree the LeBron is good. But if his body keeps developing he is going to end up as a 3/4 instead of a 2. He is just massive.

I have watched some playoffs for the first time in about 3 years. If I had to pick a favorite player....probably Ben Wallace. Less worried about scoring, more worried about not letting the other team score.

TheSizzle36 05-15-2006 07:06 PM

For me it's Andre. My neighbor has season tix to the Jazz games next to Masha (Andre's wife). I won't get into too many specifics, but Andre is a great guy who has earned my respect as a person and a spot as my favorite NBA player.

The guy I'd probably pay to watch includes:
-Lebron James (amazingly scarry good... an AMAZING athlete who would probably succeed at ANY sport he tried)
-Dwayne Wade (gets knocked down and gets back up. Period)

Those are the big two right now, though I like the way the Pistons play the game, and it is fun watching the Suns get up and down the floor.

I would also pay good money to watch Kobe and Raja in a cage match, especially if he could take him down again.

:)

livecoug 05-15-2006 07:21 PM

Andrei, Dwyane, Lebron

i used to like KG, but...

DrumNFeather 05-15-2006 07:55 PM

Gilbert Arenas...I know I'm a Wizards homer, that's fine, you guys are all Jazz homers...and there's nothing wrong with that...but to see Arenas play and what he does...it's pretty cool. I'd have to say he's my favorite...

Rounding out the top 5...

2. Tim Duncan
3. Shaq
4. Dirk
5. LeBron...I'll throw him a bone I guess.

Surfah 05-16-2006 12:26 AM

*Zips up flame suit*

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Shaquille ONeal
3) Gilbert Arenas
4) Baron Davis
5) Rasheed Wallace

DirtyHippieUTE 05-16-2006 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33
*Zips up flame suit*

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Shaquille ONeal
3) Gilbert Arenas
4) Baron Davis
5) Rasheed Wallace

*ignites flame thrower*

I might give you Kobe. He's got a Jordan-esque talent to him. He's not a finisher like MJ was but it is fun to see what he can pull off.

but...

SHAQ!?!?!

That's like saying your favorite action hero is the blob. Watching him play is like watching HS basketball. I'll be happy when he's gone and the battles of the big men in the middle go back to being about skill and not weight.

Mormon Red Death 05-16-2006 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36
For me it's Andre. My neighbor has season tix to the Jazz games next to Masha (Andre's wife). I won't get into too many specifics, but Andre is a great guy who has earned my respect as a person and a spot as my favorite NBA player.

:)

His wife earned my respect as well. One freebie a year for him...

Parrot Head 05-16-2006 05:00 AM

1- Greg Maddux
2- Chipper Jones
3- John Smoltz
4- Khalil Greene

Baseball, folks, baseball!

I haven't been "into" the NBA for several years, but Dwyane Wade is entertaining.