cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Do I rock? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25035)

MikeWaters 12-19-2008 04:34 PM

Do I rock?

Yes I rock.

Farrah's 30gb ipod gave up the ghost, she said.

So I started some troubleshooting, thinking that maybe the battery had died.

Anyway, I finally narrowed down the problem to a faulty hold switch (there is a big dent next to the switch where Farrah dropped the ipod on the ground). It was stuck in "lock" position.

So today I pried it open, however in doing so, did it too roughly and instantly disconnected the battery and hard drive cables. So after figuring out how to reattach the hard drive ribbon, I used a screw driver to shift over the internal hold mechanism, then slipped the battery ribbon to where it is supposed to go, hoping it would lock when I pressed the ipod back together.

And what do you know....presto....fixed.

Anyway, it's just frickin ridiculous how apple originally never planned to be able to replace batteries, and have made the hardware so user-unfriendly. Screw Apple.

Now, which album was it that I was listening to on Farrah's ipod.....

il Padrino Ute 12-19-2008 04:42 PM

Good job, Mike.

I'm not as patient as you are. If I can't figure out within the first 30 seconds what the problem is, I smash the thing with a sledge. If it's going to be broken, it better look broken.

MikeWaters 12-19-2008 04:56 PM

I think fixing my broken bluetooth was more impressive.

I took it apart, found a wire that had become disconnected from the circuit board. I soldered it back onto the board (constrained quarters here, so had to work carefully).

Put it back together and bingo.

FarrahWaters 12-19-2008 05:28 PM

My husband is my hero!

MikeWaters 12-19-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarrahWaters (Post 297665)
My husband is my hero!

Liar.

I already told you on the phone before you read this and you acted like I had just tied my shoes.

Archaea 12-19-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 297693)
Liar.

I already told you on the phone before you read this and you acted like I had just tied my shoes.

I wondered when she remarried. You're not involved in some polyandrus sect, are you?

BarbaraGordon 12-20-2008 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 297657)
Yes I rock.

Farrah's 30gb ipod gave up the ghost, she said.

Can I send you mine? What are your rates?

MikeWaters 12-20-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 297708)
Can I send you mine? What are your rates?

it's not that hard.

BarbaraGordon 12-20-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 297727)
it's not that hard.

That's what Farrah said.